1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting my home videos to Dvd, and i need some assistance..!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by demond21, Mar 15, 2005.

1. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

No skipping noticed. The files seem to be in good shape.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This can only be one of two things then..

1. Poor blank media. What brand is your media?
    2. DVD Player? Have you tried the disks in another player (a friends) ?

3. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

I will try in another player. To this point I have had good luck with this media. DVD to DVD copys are excellent quality, but this is vhs to DVD. Quality of files is good, just not burning all of it. I have some TY's on the way, I will try one of those to see if it makes a difference. I will let you know how it goes.

4. jimbusse

jimbusse Member

I had a lot of trouble using ATI capture. There were bitrate problems (fast motion was blurred, and other codec issues including your grainy report), the codec didn't seem to compress correctly, frames got dropped so the audio didn't sync, it was just difficult. In another forum, the VHS to DVD, Minion convinced me to get the Canopus analog to digital video converter. Staying all digital made the conversion of my VHS home movies go flawlessly.

If your playback of the files is OK in the computer, it may be a bitrate problem. See if your conversion software can modify the bitrate, and select a lower value. Additionally, you could try to get a copy of "Blue Angels Rolling In the Sky". That is a test video made by Pioneer which (I believe) has the highest bitrate of any DVD in production. See if that plays back OK in your player. I have one player that won't play it back, becomes blocky, grainy, drops seconds of the video, etc.

Jim

5. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

OK found out that the disks I have burnt will play just fine without skipping on my PC, but when played on my standard DVD player they jump ahead and completely skip certain parts of the movie. What could cause this? What should I do to resolve this problem? My regular DVD player does not have any problems with my disk to disk copys.

6. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

I have a few other players that I can try. Any input on this problem would be appreciated. thanks

7. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

I have a few other players that I can try. Any input on this problem would be appreciated. thanks