1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting psx games to play on PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by paul91, Feb 10, 2007.

1. paul91

paul91 Regular member

before i start, i would like to say i already know how to do this with my my own psx discs and am not new to this. the problem is, i downloaded crash bandicoot 1 + 2 + 3 + spyro 1 from a torrent as a .rar file. once extracted there are just 2 files inside : 'CRASH BANDICOOT 1 , 2 , 3 + SPYRO 1.bin' (782mb) and 'CRASH BANDICOOT 1 , 2 , 3 + SPYRO 1.cue' (1kb)

im not really sure what to do with these files because ive never come across them before. can anyone help on converting these to play on my 3.10 OE-A PSP?

thanks

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

It's no different really. Just use a decent PSX converter such as Zinga's Gui, select either the bin file or the cue file, it doesn't matter which and it will convert it

3. paul91

paul91 Regular member

great thanks :)

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i downloaded that zinga GUI thing and i cant find the BASE.PBP file that it says i need - any idea where to get it?

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

6. paul91

paul91 Regular member

first of all, thanks for the link, but when i go to convert the .bin file it comes up with an error saying "Game ID is invalid (according to popstation)"

what does this mean?

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Not too sure, never had that problem.

Try typing something in the game ID box then select the menu drop down and select a suitable title from the list and see if that works.