1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting question

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by realmike, Jul 6, 2002.

1. realmike

realmike Member

I rip my dvd's with Smart ripper, and then I usually like to convert the .vob into an .avi so that I can open it in Adobe Premiere 6.0 and add something in the beggining of the video. Problem is the program DVD2AVI doesn't let export an .avi from your .vob. It lets you save your project which will give you an audio file and a .d2v file. When I tried "save .avi" all it did was create a 0 byte file. Why is this??? I need to be able to add something to the movie in premiere otherwise i would just convert the file with TEMPGEnc right after i got the .d2v and audio file from DVD2AVI program.

When I tried to use TMPGEnc to create an avi with the .d2v and audio file. I always get a streaming error unless i bring the size down smaller then 720x480. Also Flaskmpeg gave me the same error. My computer is a 1.3 Ghz, 256 mb memory, Sound blaster Live 5.1, Voodoo33000 16mb video card etc. I can't imagine it's my computer capablities causing the problem. I also close all programs before encoding everything.

Is there something Im doing wrong, or is there a program someone could suggest to go from .vob to uncompressed avi. Maybe a plug-in for .vob files for Premiere?

2. gt_wreck

gt_wreck Member

do like you did before and save the project. this will create your .d2v project file. then try to save .avi later you will have to merge the video and audio files. you can do that in premiere.

3. psxjohnny

psxjohnny Member