1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting to PAL

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bigbilly, Apr 4, 2007.

1. bigbilly

bigbilly Member

I am copying a wedding dvd for a friends parients in Italy (not Asia)He said it had to be in PAL for them to view it. I was wondering if anyone could help me with converting to PAl
    Thanks Bill

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

I'm sure there are simple programs out there to do this, but the one I used to do this is DVD Lab. Before starting a project it asks you to choose NTSC or PAL. Obviously choose PAL. Import the video into DVD Lab and compile the DVD and burn the output using the built in burning program or Nero. Your output should be a PAL formatted DVD. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but it would likely only take about an hour tops. Like I said, there are probably other simplier solutions to this, but I've accomplished this task about 4-5 times successfully with DVD Lab. Hope this helps!

3. bigbilly

bigbilly Member

It worked thanks

4. DJackhole

DJackhole Member

DVDlab pro is an authoring prog. Changing the project to PAL doesn't automatically make the compiled DVD into a PAL one. What about the video files? They will still have NTSC resolution and will display at 29.97fps.

@bigbilly

Doesn't DLP warn you about putting an NTSC file into a PAL project?

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Nero Vision does conversions. ConvertXtoDVD does conversions but the trial marks output, the nero trial doesn't.