1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting torrents and putting them onto dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Walty87, May 6, 2007.

1. Walty87

Walty87 Member

Hello,
    Firstly I want to apologize if this question has been asked a million times, Ive been trying to figure this out all day and couldnt so I thought Id post my own question.

So Im new to downloading torrents and burning and things like that. I have downloaded several torrent videos which I cannot play on my computer using Windows Media Player or anything like that. I believe they are in xvid codec(?). I have downloaded ConvertXtoDvd and Media coder, but am having problems. Everytime I try using these files it says the program or whatever Im running doesnt recognize them or something I dont know.

Basically I dont know what Im doing. I have to decrypt these xvid files? And then I need to change their type to something that I can burn onto a dvd-r? What free programs can I use to do this. I know alot of people download torrents and then put them on dvds so I know it can be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially in a compete laymen's terms!

2. steo46

steo46 Regular member

what program did you download the torrents with eg: bitcomet or bitlord etc.

3. Walty87

Walty87 Member

I believe it was torrentspy

4. steo46

steo46 Regular member

i used convertx2dvd to put these typs of files on dvd without any problems.

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

If you want to keep the files you downloaded in the same format,i.e xvid,you could burn them as data disk in nero and to play them,you could use vlc player.

Vincent.