1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting .ts files to mpeg-2, avi, dvd, ANYTHING, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dunsky, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Dunsky

Dunsky Guest

I'm not talking about Video_TS files, I'm talking about HDTV files that are .ts (transport stream) files.

I've already gotten the HDTV to MPEG 2 program and the output file is 0 Kb and takes two seconds to convert for nothing, it converts a 680 meg file to nothing in another folder... unless you can give me a tutorial I find the program useless...

The files are gorgeous picture quality, I know they will suffer upon conversion, but I'd like to watch them on my TV,

So what I really need is someone that can tell me how to convert a .ts file to an avi, mpg, .mov or some other file I can dump in VSO Convertxtodvd program...

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

P.S. Help me move this thread if it belongs elsewhere and tell me where to find it : )

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

3. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member

I haven't try with .ts file conversion. However, I know winavi video converter can convert almost all video formats. Perhaps, you can try it.

4. thestef

thestef Guest

Hi,

I have also been trying to convert some of my TS files that I've been recording with my PVR.. mine isn't an HDTV PVR, its just a regular PVR.

Has any one actually converted some of these TS files and burnt them to DVD's?