1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting VHS to DVD through PC

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jjacob513, Feb 2, 2004.

1. jjacob513

jjacob513 Member

yo what up people. anyways i was wondering about c couple of things and thought maybe someone could help me out. i want to copy VHS to DVD through my computer. would that be the best wy . loking for the best way and poss through my comp if that it ok. if noit let me know. anyways could u let me know about some really good software and or capture devices taht would give me the best quality possible. also what a good DVD burner to use?? thanks for ur help

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

try using pinnacle studio....its will work for converting your vhs to dvd (but u have to watch the whole movie while doing it i think) and you can also capture with it from any device

3. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Hey Man,

Go to the store and get an ati TV wonder, maybe 69 bucks in canada.

Use Windvr to capture. It is the best damn proggie for mpeg2 hands down, and believe me, i tried them all. Power vcr III will give you a f$%cked up sync.

You can vary the bitrate it windvr and through the output directly into a dvd author and make a dvd.

Any questions, keep asking,vhs to mpeg 2 is my hobby.

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

hey i have a atio 9800 pro all in wonder and i have the program that came with it for recording how do i record it and make the output into a dvd author?

5. beetleman

beetleman Member

I use the 9700 for video capture.

Follow the instuctions provided with your 9800 for proper hookup of your vcr.

Start the tv application and then the settings button.
    select the Digital VCR tab and choose an MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format that uses a resolution of 640 X 480. No reason to choose any higher resolution for VHS copying. Click OK.

Choose the correct video input connector that you hooked up to your vcr by clicking the connector button on the control pannel.

press the record button and start your vcr playback.

once the video tape is finished, press the stop (square) button on the record dialog box.

Close your tv viewer and browser to your video capture file. Double click the new file and make sure that it recorded okay.
    Using your video editing software included with your 9800, open the video file to trim off snow and blank screens from the capture. Add transitions, effects, and text if you desire and resave the edited video.
    See your documentation and help files for the exact procedures for your editing software.

If your editing software has a DVD burning option use it otherwise, open the DVD authoring software supplied with your DVD burner, or a DVD authoring program of your choice.

Following the the instuctions and help files, create a new DVD project and add your video file or files to the project. Build a pretty menu and burn to disc.

While these instructions are relatively basic, they should offer you a blueprint of the steps needed.

I cannot get much more specific without knowing which software titles and versions you are using.

For additional help, search the newbie forum, your hardware and software manufacture's web sites, Doom9.net, and digital-digest.com.

Hope this helps.
    beetleman