1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting vlc to dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by WILLOW777, Nov 15, 2007.

1. WILLOW777

WILLOW777 Guest

hi everyone

I will just like to know when I use convertx to convert vlc to dvd I can watch the movie on a computer but a dvd player does not play the movie it says it's software

any suggestions please

thank you in advance
    arando

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can you give more information?
    What is 'VLC'?

3. WILLOW777

WILLOW777 Guest

it looks like vlc is a type of video format, most of the movies i download are vlc , and after all the research convertx 2 mainly convert those type of files into dvd format for your players to read.

if i go to the movie file im downloading and i click on property's it says "VLC media file (.avi)"

i suppose im asking if there is maybe another program i can use for converting media files to dvd or if im doing something wrong while converting

thank you

4. attar

attar Senior member

ConvertX should work.

I presume that you mean that the burned DVD is ok on the PC, but not on the standalone player.
    And I assume that the DVD player can handle the type of disk (DVD+R or DVD-R).

One thing to watch is that ConvertX is set on the correct video format for your part of the world.
    If it's set 'Automatic', then a PAL file will produce a PAL DVD, the same for an NTSC avi file.
    Most North American standalone units cannot handle PAL, so you must tell ConvertX the video standard.

The only other caveat, is that the disks are being burned at a moderate speed (4X) and are of good quality.

[​IMG]

5. WILLOW777

WILLOW777 Guest

thank you guys i finally got it at the tv format you can either use european or usa/asia but not automatic

thank you for putting me on the right track

6. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey.