1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting WMA and MP3 to CD format

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jc125540, Aug 21, 2006.

1. jc125540

jc125540 Member

Whats a cheap and easy way to convert WMA and MP3 format audio files from my computer to CD so that I can listen to them in my car?

Ive seen some which are around $20 I have no trouble paying for one but if im going to pay I want somethign that will definitely work.

So whats good at a good price?
    Are there any free?

Also what are CD files called? Do they have an acronym?

2. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

You can follow my link & get yourself a free CD burning software. It should automatically convert the files to a proper format before it burns them to CD as long as you opt to burn an "Audio CD" & not a "Data CD"

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdburnerxp.html

3. jc125540

jc125540 Member

wow that sounds great

thanks heaps

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Can't you just use WMP 11 or something?

5. hermes_vb

hermes_vb Regular member

I think many people don't know they already have software that can do that. WMP, Real Player, WinAmp, Nero, etc.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ye it's not rocket science ;)

lol

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  7. jc125540

jc125540 Member

Yes, I just found out that I was just doing it wrong and making a data rather than an audio CD.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry for asking such a basic question on this forum which seems quite advanced. I am very uneducated when it comes to this kind of thing.

Thanks again

8. hermes_vb

hermes_vb Regular member

Well, I wasn't born a genius. I just became one by the time I was 5 years old. LOL. Now seriously, don't be afraid to ask.

9. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

for shits and giggles lets say....i just ripped a cd that i bought from a store, now that its on my HD, i try to burn it to cdr using nero & chosing "make an audio cd" i get a mesage saying "CANNOT ADD FILE 'C:\NEW MUSIC FILE\GEORGE MICHAEL' FILE NAME IS IN CORRECT OR FILE WAS NOT FOUND". so i re-ripped it and get some message. it has to do with that damb DMR crap. so how can i get it to mp3 and play it on other audio players and not just my computer?

PS: i used widows media player to put it on my HD.

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@jacka$$, If by chance you have Anydvd decrypter for doing dvd's, try running it behind the audio CD while ripping it to the HD. If you don't have it, there is a trial download to see how it works. It will remove most encryptions from audio also.

Jerry

11. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

ok thx, l'll try that.

12. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

ok, i have tried anydvd, cd clone & many other progms. but still no luck :(, any other thoughts?

13. realg187

realg187 Guest

You can use Nero/ Real Player or WMP to convert yur audio files into CDA format. Some programs only use MP3 and not WMA though...

14. whereto

whereto Guest

15. realg187

realg187 Guest

I H8 shareware!! I admit i'll just use patches ovr paying!!

16. sharegd

sharegd Guest

As we all know, the stereo device on car can only support Audio CD. You need to burn your WMA and MP3 format audio files to your Audio CD.
    I recommend you Imtoo audio maker, which is an all-in-one audio tools. I like it. It integrates audio converter, audio CD ripper and audio CD burner.
    You can download from his website http://www.imtoo.com/downloads/audio-maker.exe .You can use its free trial version, which is restricted on time, but not on function.
    I hope it will be helpful for you. Enjoy your favorite music on your car!

17. realg187

realg187 Guest

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

realg187: if you start judging people by rank or try to act like you've got real experience around here this early, then you're going to find yourself in trouble.

jacka$$: are you sure your extensions are correct? what format did you rip in? if WMP ripped it, it should be able to burn it, unless you changed the settings to prevent burning the disc (i remember seeing a setting somewhere to "copy-protect" music or some BS like that).

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yeah on Wmp i think there are a few settings you should "untick"; like ripping in wma and rip to mp3, and like aus said the copy protect b/s.

Edit: Typo.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  20. realg187

realg187 Guest

It's good judgement about him, but I guess that was kind of mean, being a newbie is hard enough, just being called it pisses me off...