1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting xvid/divx to DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by RXV2300, Mar 22, 2007.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Have done some reading but I'm still having difficulties to find one
    easy software that can/will convert xvid/divx to dvd format.
    Some say that it requires few different software to do this job & some say otherwise.
    Not sure where I can find necessary software/guide to be able to make this conversion.
    Also once this is done (converting xvid/divx to dvd)will it play on standard dvd player, I have 5 years old Toshiba dvd player.

I have been able to find software called "convert x to dvd" but don't know how to use it.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Isn't there something free, it seems most of these softwares have a very short trial period.
    I found something called "vso divx to dvd" wich I believe ( at least it seems) that it'll do the same job as other available software & it's free too without any trial period.

I just used it & it gave me 1 folder called "video_ts" & with this folder I see 5 other files. From here on I don't know where to go how to prcoeed, in order to be able to copy this into dvd.
    Do I need to make ISO?

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

There will be a VIDEO_TS folder and empty AUDIO_TS folder you just burn to DVD under Action (I think) or with Nero or some other program. As i recall, DIVXtoDVD was quite good. Remember to keep your burn speeds at 4x or 1/2 the rated speed of the media with any program you use.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  5. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I'm still having some issues.
    When I watch DIVX movies on pc after dowloaded off torrents sites both video & audio are precectly in sync, however when I convert using Divx to DVD converter every 2nd dvd is way out of sync. I would say audio is at least 5-10 seconds ahead.
    Sometimes it may be prefectly in sync but sometimes is way off.

Is it the torrents thar are no good or is it the conversion software that's causing the audio/video be so much out of sync.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I've replied to your other thread, hope it helps.

7. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Yes, thank you & very informative however every 2nd or 3rd disk I burm after it's been converted fron DIVX to DVVD audio seems to be out of sync, meaning audio way ahead of video.
    Why is this?

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't know but something to do with the decompression and, not always but mostly, AC3 audio. All I can suggest is to run them through AviMux_Gui before conversion.

9. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I am now using "ConvertXtoDVD" & have a question.
    After we click on "convert" where is the conversion being saved at?
    I used it twice already but have no idea where conversion is saved, in which file/folder, since it never asks you where do you want save it at.

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

You will find the default path to it at Settings>General>Working folder and can select where you want to put it.

11. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Thank you very much, I got it.
    Do you think if this is probably the best conversion software available at this moment, or they all pretty much perform identical?
    I have found few tail versions but all give "water mark" so not very good/practical when you want to burn into dvd as you get their logo & web address right across the screen during whole video.
    I have found cracked version of "ConvertXtoDVD" off torrent so this is what I'll be using for now.
    I have seen another one called "Cucusoft AVI to vcd/dvd converter"
    Have you heard of this one?

12. mistycat

mistycat Active member

ConvertXtoDVD is the best 1 step conversion program out there, IMO, and I've tried a lot. The quality is amazing and speed is very good too. Cucusoft is okay but I also haven't used it in years. Also, I wouldn't mention any form of piracy. Besides being against the rules, it's also a good way to install malware onto your pc or have other problems.