1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convertion programs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fergie5, Dec 24, 2007.

1. fergie5

fergie5 Guest

Is there any free conversion program that won't leave a watermark on the dvd that you make? All the free trial leave watermarks and it is frustrating.

I am a newbie at this and not sure what is the way to go.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to a more appropriate forum then the 'News' forum :)

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  4. fergie5

fergie5 Guest

I download movies from Iso-Hunt and use utorrent. But have really no idea what the heck I am doing to begin with. My daughter converted them with a trial conversion program and it left a watermark in the middle of the movie when trying to play it in the dvd player.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing they're avi's - most are.

So use the guide the cyprusrom linked - good free program that will convert it for you.

6. ackright

ackright Member

Ok this is what i use. FilmMachine simple to use cpl clicks. If your familiar with torrents I recommend looking into CCE encoder to use with Film Machine.
    LINKS

***links removed***

Ok now open FilmMachine in the bottom left of the screen you will see three buttons help/info/options. Click options, assuming you already downloaded CCE and installed click on the second tab at the top PATHS. Locate where the program installed ("C:\Program Files\Custom Technology\Cinema Craft Encoder SP\cctsp.exe"). Then click on the encoders tab, under the word option you will see a number you can adjust, I recommend 3 but 2 will work as well. Increase the number of passes increases the quality but also the time for the program to do its job, take that into consideration. Ok now select Ok in the bottom of the option screen. You should be back in the main window. In the main window all the way to the right you have 4 buttons, you want open/add movie files, click this and select your avi/mkv or whatever kind of file you downloaded. It should appear int he box to the left. Then click next 4x and select make DVD. This whole process should take @3 hrs depending on your pc. When it is done the DVD file will be saved here(C:\Program Files\The FilmMachine\Output) You can rename the folder to the appropriate title. Now to burn the video disk with nero. Click the Smart Start icon on your desktop (assuming you have nero installed.) A screen will open. You want to select Rip and Burn. Then select DVD video disk, add the file from the output folder of FilmMachine, burn at 2x or 4x speed or it wont work. Email me if you have any questions ACkright2001@yahoo.com
    Here is a more detailed guide I am new at writing guides.
    www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert__avi_to_dvd-r_using_the_filmmachine.cfm -

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Links removed...