1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD burned DVD without Sound

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by crmpicco, Jul 25, 2007.

1. crmpicco

crmpicco Member

I have just burned two AVIs to one DVD-R with ConvertXtoDVD 2.0.12 and when I go to play it in my standalone DVD player it has no sound - yet the Video is perfect.

When i put it back into my laptop to check the files, the AUDIO_TS directory is empty, yet, again, the VIDEO_TS directory is fine.

I had a failed burn before I tried this one, and before I converted the AVIs to VOBs it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the converted files with the new ones first.

Could this be my problem? Or is it coming from something else? I have used this software before to the exact same thing.

Picco

2. attar

attar Senior member

The AUDIO_TS folder is normally empty.

On the 'Settings' 'Burning' are you deleting the output folder after a burn?
    If not, use your media player to check for audio.
    Or click on the largest of the VOB files and see if audio is present.
    If the audio is present, then either reduce the burning speed to 4x or don't burn with ConvertX - use the likes of ImgBurn.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Mode > 'Build'
    Output > 'Device'
    File > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Click the green write button.

3. crmpicco

crmpicco Member

Hi Attar,

Yes, I have checked the box that will delete the folder after a successful burn.

When I select the largest of the VOB files Windows can't find anything to open it with. Damn! :-( I'm sure I need a DVD player to do it, are there any free ones out there? That would let me test this out.

Cheers for the link to ImgBurn, downloaded it.

Picco

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

Hi, that's a real old version.

Latest is v2.2.3.258 and lots has changed since !

And yes, your legally bought key will work on it !

6. crmpicco

crmpicco Member

I have VirtualDub installed on this laptop, would it make sense to put the AVI through VirtualDub and create new AVI with Audio in 'Full Processing Mode' or 'Direct Stream Copy' or something like that?

Considering it was two different AVIs that didn't have sound I originally thought it was something I was doing in error, but I suppose it is possible that they both had unrecognised audio codecs.

Picco

7. crmpicco

crmpicco Member

Ok, i tried saving new AVIs with VirtualDub then burning it. But that was no good, put it into the DVD player again and it didn't play the sound.

I'm downloading VLC Player just now to try and play the DVD in my Laptop - don't currently have DVD playing software.

If there is codecs on these two AVIs is there a way I can install them and then burn the DVD?

Picco

8. attar

attar Senior member

If you click on an AVI and it plays ok, then the required codecs are installed (somewhewre) on the PC.
    If you convert an avi to dvd format (in a folder) and click on a VOB and it does not play then the codecs required to play are not present.
    If the folder is now burned to DVD and there is a problem, then it might be because you are using WMP which does not provide a decoder to play DVD's.
    If you use a media player like VLC, which has self contained codecs and it doesn't play then chances are the disk is bad.

GSpot
    Drag the AVI on to GSpot and try to see which codec it needs and if it's installed on the PC.
    In the example, the codec is XviD and it's installed.
    You can also try to play the file using the buttons.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/GSpot270a.zip

[​IMG]

9. crmpicco

crmpicco Member

So it turns out this is quite an embarrasing post for me :-/

I tried another DVD in it (Bo Selecta - Series 1) and it done the same thing. Turns out, the scart lead was hanging out the back slightly. Obviously it was in enough that the video could get through, but not enough for Sound.

Problem fixed :) Thanks to those who posted up.

Picco

10. attar

attar Senior member

Sounds good ;)