1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD & ImgBurn - Use one or both??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by 1970paul, May 25, 2007.

1. 1970paul

1970paul Member

Hi there,
    Can anyone answer this for me?

When i asked advice on this forum about converting .avi to DVD it was suggested that i convert the .avi file using ConvertXtoDVD, then use ImgBurn and "build" the resultant Video.ts folder to .iso, then "write" this .iso to DVD using the same (ImgBurn). I was told the final DVD will play on any DVD player.
    This does seem to work, but my question is that ConvertXtoDVD has a burn to DVD option, why not just convert and burn straight off the ConvertXtoDVD software. Is there really much benefit in doing the 3 stage conversion i was advised to??

Many thanks

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Personally, I have used ImgBurn to build and burn an iso from ConvertXtoDVD's output and ConvertXtoDVD to just burn the DVD and have never had any problems. Now. I just let ConvertXtoDVD do the burn, so unless you have issues, ConvertXtoDVD does fine.