1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD keeps hanging partway thru process

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by waveform2, Aug 1, 2007.

1. waveform2

waveform2 Member

Hi, I'm using v2.2.3 of ConvertXtoDVD. I'm trying to convert an AVI file to DVD format but it hangs partway thu - never at the same place, but not far from the beginning.

Is there any info I can provide here which would help track down the problem? Running it on a slightly older PC - Pentium4 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP2, lots of HD space.

Any help or guidance on how to track down the problem much appreciated!

2. waveform2

waveform2 Member

If it helps, I've just noticed it happens after the screensaver kicks in. It's not a special screensaver, just the default windows one.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

cheap media burning to fast and multitasking, will cause what you are saying, when you are encoding turn off things that are running in the backround like screen savers, good luck

4. waveform2

waveform2 Member

Yep, turned off the screensaver and it seems stable so far... not finished the convert yet but still going. Hasn't hit the media yet, it's just converting on disk. Strange that the basic windows screensaver would kill it.

Cheers

5. Bubba4u

Bubba4u Guest

Try reducing the video acceleration in Windows thru the control panel.Video processing takes a lot of processor capacity. This should help