1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD Please Help

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by sandman42, Feb 9, 2007.

1. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Well...

My buddy took my Venture Bros Season 2 AVI's and told me I could use ConvertXtoDVD to put them on a DVD-R to watch them on my DVD Player...

So I tried it...Everything burned fine and everything...

But when I tried to play it in my PS2 the DVD Would start but when I watched the episodes it was skipping...Like it would play fine for a second and then Freeze and then play some more and Freeze and same thing kept happening...

What am I doing wrong??

Please help.. I could I fix this

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

That sounds like a media and/or burning speed issue. Use good media; Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or any made in Japan. As for burn speeds, try 4x and a good rule of thumb is to burn at 1/2 the rated speed of the media.

3. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Yea that is what I think that is weird...I have used a Taiyo Yudan 8x burning at 4x...

It is Venture Bros Season 2 AVI's and I was looking to put them onto DVD'z

I don't know what to do...I use ConvertXtoDVD and I have it set...I have burned several DVD's with ConvertX and no Problems..

The episode starts at Widescreen and then when it goes to the Intro it goes to full screen and the episode plays in full screen...

Is that a Problem??

Please Respond

4. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Also another thing...

WinAVIConverter...Sometimes when I try to convert RMVB videos or RM or any videos it locks up or freezes....

Why??

Any Idea??

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I don't think the Widescreen intro is an issue, think they're made that way. I have seen that effect on Fullscreen movies with other converters. Don't know about WinAvi but ConvertXtoDVD supports RMVB since version 2.15.173. You could also try selecting NTSC or PAL and not auto in ConvertXtoDVD if you aren't.

6. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Well I have NTSC Selected and the most current version is 2.12.173...and it doesn't support RMVB...

So what do I do about this ONE File??

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Some people in this thread seem to have burned RMVB with ConvertXtoDVD after adding a .dll. I thought it would have been added by now, this post is several months old: http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about7348.html Have a look at it, as for the one file, don't know. Maybe, convert it with Winavi and check how it plays on your computer before you burn it.

8. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Thanks a lot I think that might of worked...I am trying to now...Well I tried it and what happened

is my ConvertXDVD went on for about an hour and then just shut down...Like it Crashed...

How do I fix this?? And do you have any idea?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  9. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Please help

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Sorry, no clue.

11. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Anyone have a clue...

What Video Converter do you use?? I like how WinAVIConverter is but it seems insufficent in converting some video files....

I like how WinAVIConverter doesn't ask you to choose the Framesize or anything...All you have to do is click Any to AVI and it does EVERYTHING For you and with GREAT Results...

Please post other converters that are like this that will support RMVB to AVI.

12. attar

attar Senior member

Although I have never used RMVB files, I have used this app to convert different formats to AVI.
    It does claim to convert them-and it's free.

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html