1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD won't encode MKV

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by t_drayson, Feb 2, 2007.

1. t_drayson

t_drayson Member

Hi, I am having problems encoding an MKV file to DVD MPEG-2 with ConvertXtoDVD.
    The file plays fine all the way through, but after encoding about 2 minutes of the file CXTDVD says "estimated duration of the video was inaccurate" and something about the output size being smaller. The result is only about 2 minutes long.

How do I fix the file?

Many thanks

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

you may have to use avi2dvd instead of the program you are currently using.

3. t_drayson

t_drayson Member

Hi, I actually have 2 files which I want to convert to 1 DVD - the first file has no problems. How do I convert 2 input files with AVI2DVD?

Thanks

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

are both files mkv

5. t_drayson

t_drayson Member

Yes. I have tried opening the problematic file in VirtualDubMod and I get the following:
    [!] MKV: A frame of stream 1 (at 83 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe broken file).

-Hundreds more frames in between-

[!] MKV: A frame of stream 1 (at 669962 ms) had only a forward reference
    (maybe broken file).

[!] MKV: Video frames seems to be weirdly ordered.

[!] Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'ÿÿÿÿ' (unknown).
    VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video.

6. theused69

theused69 Member

i also have a file like that(MKV file with the decompressor for format 'ÿÿÿÿ' and the [!] MKV: Video frames seems to be weirdly ordered)

I tried using VirtualDubMod, but the video cant be separated. This is the first time ive encountered such mkv file. Also unlike most mkv files, its very very small (around 40mb in 30mins), but has better quality compared to mpeg, avi(xvid) and rmvbs with the same size and length.

How did it get so small, and how will i extract the video?

thanks

7. zeiram

zeiram Guest

you probably need to find out what was used to compress it?

I wonder if something like soreenson squeeze was used