1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking Mama and Wiikey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by genner, Jun 12, 2007.

1. genner

genner Member

Ok sorry I know there has been a repeat on this topic...however after reading several forums I'm still a bit confused...

Ok so I modded my wii with a wiikey. I have a backup copy of Cooking Mama. Prior to playing the game, I get an update prompt. I there's no option to click on for "no". Just 'update'.
    Do I have to update in order to play this game?
    And because i received this update popup, does this mean that my firmware was not at 2.2e?

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Yes. Just update.

The game is PAL right?

3. Zaneblade

Zaneblade Member

as long as you have made sure you have updated your Wii... then you should be ok... it will say its updating... the bar will get a little way along then say "no updates available"

4. genner

genner Member

I don't think it was a PAL version....however I didn't know about this updating issue until after I got it then started looking at posts.
    So I did the update because it gave me no choice to run the game without it.

However I am able to play the game...although it hiccups in the animation part, but I think that's because of using DVD+rw...

And I'm able to play other games as well. I'm assumming this is a good indication that I didn't brick my Wii. Also is it better to do the update via the games or Wiiconnect? and is the update from the games the same as the Wiiconnect?