1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coollector, new FREEWARE for movie lovers

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by _Hector, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Hector

_Hector Member

[posted with permission] (Nephilim, you're awesome)

Hi everybody !

I'm very happy to announce that I've just released a program called Coollector, which is totally FREE. If you like movies, you should give it a try:

coollector.com

DESCRIPTION:
    -------------

Coollector is the last generation of video collection managers. It's a completely new way to manage your collection of movies, because it's not only a video collection manager, but also an encyclopedia of movies, and a store catalog too... All at the same time !

1/ Coollector looks like a large movie encyclopedia.
    Only 14 MB to download, and you get a database of 33,000 movies and 68,000 persons.

2/ you can personalize all that data.
    You can rate all the movies and persons that you know (from "excellent" down to "awful").
    You can tell which movies you own in your collection, with all the technical details ( media type, image, sound, languages, subtitles, running time, studio, etc... )
    You keep track of the movies you loaned.
    You manage your wish list.

3/ all the movies in the encyclopedia are available in store.

To summarize, Coollector blends 3 types of information into a unique interface:

1/ your cinematographical culture (rated movies and persons).
    2/ your personal collection (with technical details).
    3/ the videos availables in store (with technical details too).

Coollector's interface is extremely user-friendly.
    Coollector includes a very powerful and innovative search feature.
    Coollector is very fast and reactive (everything is instant).
    Coollector is a surprisingly lightweight application with low resource usage.
    Coollector does not contain any spyware or malware.

Last but not least, I like to repeat it:
    Coollector is TOTALLY FREE !!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'll sticky this so folks don't miss it.

To all,

I'm a big fan of all the great guys developing freeware so I wanted to give Hector a shot here with our community. I'll be trying the software ASAP (on my Linux box at the moment). If you like it, let him know. If you don't like it - be constructive about it :)

3. kateman

kateman Regular member

thats pretty awesome! you've done well.

4. _Hector

_Hector Member

Coollector has just been reviewed by SharewareJunkies.com

http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/07zwd1/coollector.htm

"In conclusion Coollector is just what the doctor ordered if you are at all interested in movies, it is feature packed, easy to use and it's FREE! So what are you waiting for? Go download it now!"

You know what ? I'm happy !

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

Seem's very cool...Since its got Neph's seal of approval I'll give it a go.

6. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Ok. I have just given this a try and I must say that it is good!

Really good.

Thank You Very Much!

I love freeware!

BluRay

PS. The program is so good, that even if it cost a few bucks it still would be worth it.

7. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I have been looking for a free program to do this for a long time i will try this later but thanxs for the great program. :)

8. _Hector

_Hector Member

BluRay, thank you very much for your oh so nice comments :))

I'm glad to announce that I'm currently working on adding images of movies and actors. That will make the program so much more attractive ! That should be ready next week.

I'm also preparing a huge update of the database, a complete overhaul, that should be ready next month !

Stay tuned ;-)

9. _Hector

_Hector Member

I forgot to mention that I will also add Amazon to the DVD price watch.

10. kamrez224

kamrez224 Member

Hi HECTOR ,many thanks for the movies,please can u help me whenever i download from the net ,i get virus in it,i dont know what to do

11. _Hector

_Hector Member

I pay great attention to viruses. I hope it's a false positive. Which antivirus do you use, and what does it say ?

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  12. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

13. _Hector

_Hector Member

Hi jeffw224,

like you, I'm pretty confident that there is no virus, though with viruses we can never be 100% sure.

I'm glad you found Coollector and like it. I've just released a major update. The program is now much more appealing than before :)

14. 07anto07

07anto07 Active member

cool will give this a try

15. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

Well, I've just started to organize my DVD collection, and I already have Movie Collector Pro. I haven't entered too many movies though, so I'm willing to start from scratch to use this if I can get some confirmation that it's worth it. Anyone?

16. tripplite

tripplite Guest

hey _Hector, ive seen you advertise on other sites (forums) and i must say this one great program and kudos for you for going through all this work,

ive decide to put some picks up of it to show our members what it looks like, hope you don't mind i took them from your site,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  17. _Hector

_Hector Member

tripplite, I'm glad you like the program, and I appreciate your support. That's a really good idea to add screenshots. Thank you very much !

18. tripplite

tripplite Guest

_Hector dont say thank you to me but rather pat your self on the back, this is a great program that you developed for free so thank you very much, its doing pretty well on download.com almost 3,000 downloads and it hasn't even been a month yet, i think people have been looking for a program like this for a long time and its good that some one finally developed it

it has really made my life alot easier and much more enjoyable,

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU CHANGE THE DOWNLOAD LINK ON YOUR SITE FROM WHATEVER YOU HAVE NOW TO THE ONE ON DOWNLOAD.COM http://www.download.com/Coollector/3000-2131_4-10760577.html?tag=lst-1

ALTHOUGH YOUR ITS A CLEAN DOWNLOAD (on your site) PEOPLE ARE FAMILIAR AND FEEL SAFE WITH USING ANYTHING FROM CNET, PUT A BIG CNET/DOWNLOAD.COM IMAGE/link ON YOUR SITE AND PEOPLE WILL TRUST YOUR SOFTWARE ALL THEY WAY,

hector i cant link to any of the sites but i also highly suggest that you make a torrent for Coollector, it legal to do this because its freeware and was posted with your permission, the torrent will see alot more downloads then you ever though possible,

19. _Hector

_Hector Member

It's my sweetest dream that my program meets the widest audience !

Nonetheless, I'm not quite convinced by the download.com idea. Currently, a person clicks the download button, and the download starts. Can't be more simple. If I redirect to download.com, that will seriously complicate the operation, and people might get lost.

I never thought about bittorrent before, and I have doubts that this will make lots of downloads... but who knows ? I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong !

You don't even have to ask me permission. Everybody is welcome to distribute my program through any medium they want (as long as it remains free).

I feel very lucky to have users like you. You're great !

20. tripplite

tripplite Guest

_Hector- i'll inform you when i have a torrent of coollector running(11/30/07??), however i need a torrent description (1-3 sentences) and basic info on the product,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.