Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by 93active, Aug 3, 2007.
Need keys so family don't get mad for coolsat5000
Please look in other threads. The new keys are everywhere.
hi has anyone got the dish network ooo1 codes for the coolsat 5000 please they seem to change them ervery couple of hours im new to this will they keep this up ?
They are going to keep it up for a while. New keys are posted here everywhere. Look around
hi, where can i get the key codes to coolsat 5000? can anyone help me. i just got started on this web. thanks alot.
Load the new bin and let the keys roll
how are you supposed to do that Bill?
Factory Set (F-S): Is it needed? Try this test.
Many do not understand what NorW means by doing a "Factory Set" (F-S). Also many call it a Factory RESET thinking that it "resets" the receiver. So they do the F-S FIRST before loading the new flash and think that it’s ok! Or many just don't do it at all! . . . Not needed they say.
Here’s what it really does. Simply put, it INSTALLS and properly INITIALIZES the flash that was just loaded. What does that mean? It does what it says; it replaces the OLD flash with the flash just loaded and sets it as the operating system.
Many say “you don’t need to do that, it’s a waste of time”. My answer; try this simple experiment for yourself and you will be convinced.
The easiest way to see this for yourself is to do the following on a NEW CS 5k; Load a early version of a NorW flash, say V102 or V103. Do not use any later version than V103 since V104 contained BEV satellites. To do this properly follow these steps.
1) Use Loader 2.2 and l oad V102 or V103 into CS 5K.
2) When complete, press MENU, select “System Setting”, then “Database Reset”, then select “FACTORY SET”. You do NOT have to do a “database reset”, just a F-S.
3) When complete, select “Installation”, then “Dish Setting”. Now look for a BEV satellite such as “Nimig 1,3” or “Nimiq 2”. You will not find any since there are NO BEV sats in V102 or V103 flash. This is the 'setup' part of the test.
So far so good. Now for the ‘proof’!
1) Use Loader2.2 and this time load V111. Follow the methods that you did to load the older flash, V102 or V103.
2) Do NOT do a Factory Set after loading V111.
3) After V111 is loaded, select “Installation”, next “Dish Setting”, and look for a BEV satellite such as “Nimiq 1,3” or “Nimiq 2”.
You will not find them but we all know they are contained in that flash! The reason is simple; You have not properly installed this current flash b/c of not doing a “F-S”.
So if you want to see that there are BEV sats in the flash, do a F-S and repeat the DISH Settings. Now they will be there!
So this answers all questions about whether a F-S is REALLY needed. The answer is “yes” if you want the current flash to operate as it was intended. The reason that you "get-away" w/o doing a F-S, is b/c the releases as of now, V108 - V111, are not radically different so it's not apparant that a feature here or there is missing or not operating properly.
The corollary of doing this is you ALWAYS loose your CL or scanned channels meaning that you MUST re-scan or re-load your CL. So if you have a CL that you like, make sure you save it first.
hi bill. good info but i dont know what that mean a nd dont know wat to download. dont know where to start. =) thanks for all your help buddy
Go to hxxp://psat9.com/ get all the files and instructions
Separate names with a comma.