1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolsat 6000 new hookup?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by nosepalin, Sep 25, 2007.

1. nosepalin

nosepalin Member

I have just moved into a house where the former owner had Dish service. The dish, with a dual LNB, is still on the roof and wired into the house.

The question I have is: If I buy a coolsat 6000, can I hook it directly up to the existing line from the dish, and expect it to work without making any changes to the dish itself?

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

If the dish hasn't been moved, Wind , or what ever, you should be able to use it. Hook it up and give it a try.

3. nosepalin

nosepalin Member

Today a friend brought over his Coolsat 5000 and I hooked it up to the dish. At times I am getting most of the channels and it is working fine with a signal strength of about 94-98%. However, for no reason I will lose most channels and get a message saying Scramble Channel?? Sometime later I might get the channels back and it is working again. Erradict and you never seem to know what has happened and why it changes all of a sudden.

Have any ideas?

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

check your settings

5. nosepalin

nosepalin Member

As far as I can tell, the settings look alright but maybe there is something I am missing. Seems strange that I can get all the channels and it seems to work fine and then for some unknown reason, everything is gone?

6. bill038

bill038 Guest

This is a c/p from kegnfool in another thread. You might try it. It seems that a lot of people that have coolsats have this problem.

hmmmm.....how long have you had it? have you had any other prior bins before the 149? if not and this is first bin you have put on it , it could be a clone! But...if thats not the case....then...I would do a NVRAM reset. Turn power off with front power button. Then hold the up channel button in while powering on. This should prompt you with a blue screen. Go to bottom right corner and you will see Clear NVRAM. use controller and scroll down to it and hit ok...then power off....then back on...do a factory reset once again....reload bin....then factory reset again.... (the 2nd reest will not delete the file you just loaded) then do you r dish setting , recan...and see if that helps. If you have any further questions regarding this...you can find me at www.electronicguru.net
    Thanks...and good luck!

7. nosepalin

nosepalin Member

Thanks Bill. I appreciate your help and will give it a try.

8. nosepalin

nosepalin Member

Sorry for my ignorance of something that is new to me but is there some way I am able to receive PPV and other premium channels?

9. breck68

breck68 Guest

You will receive everything except the NFL package. NHL has to be scanned for at the start of the game. They kill the signal when no games on so scanning for ICE package channels will not show until the game is actually on.

The 5000 is very anal from all the problems people seem to be having lately. If your buying a Coolsat, look to a 6000 and higher model.
    6000 in about to be discontinued, but there is alot out there and available, and the support will be around for quite a while.

10. nosepalin

nosepalin Member

Thanks Breck. I was orginally looking at possibly the Coolsat 6000 or I think the 6100. Any advice on either of them or possible other recommendations?

11. breck68

breck68 Guest

Actually I've been using the 6000, and happy with it.
    I think Coolsat and Viewsat are the 2 more popular brands these days.

12. nosepalin

nosepalin Member

Thanks for the words on the Coolsat