1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolsat 6100 setup

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SylvioB, Dec 6, 2007.

1. SylvioB

SylvioB Member

I load last bin of coolsat 6100 an I update Manually bev key and it's not working. When i turn on my coolsat, it always go on setup screen, do you know if i have something special to do in the setup to receive bev signal... i try to fin channel on Nimiq1 but it's always the same message : No chain found.

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

I am not a expert on the coolsats, but it sounds like you do not have your antenna settings right. I may be wrong. You can read the C/P and see if you have left anything out of your installation.

C/P

Instructions For The Coolsat Set Up

Flashing The Coolsat BIN:
    1. Turn power OFF on Coolsat with the front button or with remote.
    2. Turn OFF rear power switch before making any connections.
    3. Unplug the receiver.
    4. With all power OFF.
    5. Connect RS232 cable from Coolsat to PC.
    6. Plug in the receiver.
    7. Open the Coolsat Pro Loader v2.2 software.
    8. Turn ON the REAR reset switch on back of the Coolsat. and turn ON front power button.
    9. Browse and find your Coolsat XXXX_NORW_XXXX.stb bin file (or current
    bin file) in the Open window. Select the Coolsat XXXX_NORW_XXXX.stb file, then click Open. The Coolsat bin rolls Dishnet Keys and BEV Keys.
    10. Click Auto Detect to see if port setting is correct and your Coolsat is detected. If port setting is correct, the Comm Port and current bin version loaded to the receiver will show. If you are not able to connect to Coolsat, Turn the rear power switch OFF and back ON.
    11. Click Exit to exit the Auto Detect.
    12. Click Connect, another window will open
    13. Click Start.
    You will see System Reset, Sending %’s, Sending Ok and Erasing the bin. Do not interrupt until the Finish window opens. The Finish window will show the prior version of bin loaded.
    14. Click Finish.
    15. Click Auto Detect and Current version bin loaded will appear.
    16. Exit out of the Coolsat Pro Loader program-
    17. Turn OFF Coolsat with rear reset button
    18. Disconnect RS232 Cable from your PC.
    19. Unplug Coolsat.
    20. Reconnect LNB cable in and cable out to TV.
    21. Plug IN Coolsat
    22. Turn ON rear reset switch.
    23. Turn ON front button and wait for clock to come on. If first time flash
    of receiver wait until you see 0000 to show up on clock.
    Now do the Database Reset - MENU - System Setting - Database Reset - Factory Set(Press OK) When asked for Password, enter 0000.(Default is 0000)

24. Select Language and then OK. TO set the Time and Date MENU - System Setting - Time Setting. Turn GMT Usage OFF and you will be able to change what you need to.

Setting Antenna Settings for Coolsat Receiver
    NOTE: Use channel up down, volume up and down to navigate through menu.
    25. On Remote, Click on Menu. While in installation click OK.
    26. When asked for Password, enter 0000.(Default is 0000)
    27. Click OK.
    28. On “Dish Setting “window (top window). Select satellite with left or right volume buttons to locate your satellite, when found, scroll down and set
    antenna settings using left or right volume buttons to make each selection all the way down the settings the CH Down button on the remote and scroll down to change settings EXIT and Yes to Save. Do this for each Satellite.
    29. To remove the need for a password Hit MENU - System Setting -Security Setting - Turn OFF the top 4 and EXIT
    30. Now you need to scan the Satellites for the Channels. MENU - Auto Scan -Scroll to 119.oW Echostar 7 HIT OK then Right VOL button on remote Press OK(It will Scan the Satellite Just wait until it’s done) EXIT and Save
    31. Now do the same for the other Satellites, and EXIT and Save.
    HIT EXIT until you are out of the MENU.
    It may take a few Minutes to get a Picture, because the Keys need to roll.
    To get the EPG(Guide) to fill in Hit Guide on the Remote and then the Yellow Button on the Remote and it will go to channel 100. Leave it like that a few minutes and the Guide should be loaded. If you ever get No Info in the Guide just Hit Guide and then the Yellow button to load the EPG again. If you also have BEV the EPG channel is 1212(If renumbering BEV if not Renumering BEV the EPG channel is 212) then hit the Guide button (The Blue Button) when it the Guide
    You can adjust the - Brightness/Contrast and Color - by Hitting the Yellow Button on the remote while on a Channel .To make adjustments change the Mode from Default to User and then you can make changes. You can then leave it set to User.