1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied CD-Rom format PS2 game doesn't work

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Gilatk, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Gilatk

Gilatk Member

Hi.
    I need help - I've downloaded a PS2 game that comes on CD-Rom format (Star Wars Racer Revenge), and I've tried burning the image several times, and it didn't work on my chipped PS2, which only recognized it as a PS1 CD and didn't work.
    Actually, what really happens is that first it reads the disc as an ordinary PS2 CD, and when I start it, the system suddenly resets and rereads the disc and either recognizes it as a PS1 disc or just says "Please insert a Playstation 2 or Playstation format disc".

I've tried using Nero and Alcohol 120%, and it never worked. Please help me! Thank you!

2. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

what chip do you have?

3. shcs

shcs Guest

4. Gilatk

Gilatk Member

I tried it - I followed the instructions for burning PS2 CD-Rom games with Alcohol 120%, and did exactly what it says, using the latest version, and burning it even slower than 1/4 the maximum speed of the CD-R - 8X instead of 12X, and when I started it, my PS2 just reset and read it again, recognizing it as a PS1 CD, and it didn't work.

By the way, the Modchip I use is called Aladdin (Although I'm not really sure if that's it's full name).

5. shcs

shcs Guest

well maybe try some of the other programs, i used cloneCD and ive had no problems burning ps1 games. ;)

6. cnb1703

cnb1703 Guest

hmmmm maybe try burning it to some high quality cd-r like Taiyo Yuden CD-R thats what i use. also make sure when using alcohol 120% to set the datatype to play station 2.

[​IMG]

7. shcs

shcs Guest

oh yeah, what type of media are you using?

8. Chris5986

Chris5986 Guest

I'm having the same problem with mine but its with regular games and burned games. I just got the ps2 and sunday night I hooked it up and it played a regular game fine but now I get that even with the game I was playing sunday. When I click brower you can see it read the disc but when I click X on it to start it it comes up with that. I have a duo2 modchip.