1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied DVD cannot be played after some time

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by raj0105, Jun 10, 2007.

1. raj0105

raj0105 Member

Hello,

I tried to use dvd shrink and also nero to copy the dvds. The copy is successful, but the dvd stops playing or hangs after 50% of the movie. Any thoughts why is this happening? So many dvds are wasted so far. I tried to use Nero alone and observed the same thing. Not sure at this time whether it is nero doing this or dvds or some thing else.

Thanks
    Raj

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi raj0105
    Could be a combination of things like media you're using, burn speed, firmware on the drive needs an update, lens on player may need to be cleaned etc.

Post the last Nero log and we can get some info on the above from that.
    Nero saves the last 10 logs - just need the last one.
    You can find them here:
    Nero 6 - program files>ahead>nero>nerohistory
    Nero 7 - program files>nero>nero 7>core>nerohistory
    Edit out the serial # too - the usually begin w/ 1A, 1C or 5C.

3. Andys57

Andys57 Guest

I'd bet on poor media. What are you using?

4. raj0105

raj0105 Member

Thanks a lot for your response. I will post the Nero log shortly. BTW, do we need to use any specific type media. Media I am using is TDK 4.7 GB +R. One time I saw DVD Shrink mentioning it needs DL media. Do we need to DL media?

Thanks

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

TDK uses different manufacturers some good some bad - the log should show us who made them.
    It may just be a compatibility thing with the dvd player.
    Good media to use would be Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or made in Japan Sony, Fuji or Maxell.
    Pop one of the discs in the pc see if you have the same playback problem there.
    Shrink compresses the movie to fit on a single layer disc. If you didn't want to have any compression you could use dual layer media. But some players can be even pickier with dual layer media.