1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied DVD keeps Freezing when played on dvd player

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by chloejo, Mar 7, 2005.

1. chloejo

chloejo Member

HI,

I have tried on several occasions to copy dvd's using dvd shrink but when i come to play them on my dvd player they seem to freeze and pixels come up all over the screen.I have read a lot on the forum about trying different burn speeds etc but none of this seems to work.I'm afraid that i am not that good with PC's so anyone that would be good enough to respond to this e-mail could you please explain it like i'm a total plonker.

Regards

Paul

2. cal981

cal981 Member

Try diffrent media some dvdrs are crap what kind of media are you using.

3. chloejo

chloejo Member

Hi,

Many thanks for responiding.The type of media that i am using is RIVISION DVD+R 4X 4.7 GB 120 MINS.What type of blang dvd would you recommend.

4. cal981

cal981 Member

you could try a name brand always had good luck with sony memorex buy a small pack like a pack of five and try them out see how you like them and how they work.

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

chloejo

It does sound like your media.

Unfortunately may have very bad luck with off brands and even name brands such as the Memorex just mentioned.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

Try the above link to learn more about different media.

6. germarsh

germarsh Guest

some new dvd's actually fight with the decrypter when burning this causes ur copied dvd to freeze while playing, decrypt the dvd, send it to the appropiate folder, restart ur machine and then continue the burning process, trust me it works

7. chloejo

chloejo Member

Hi,

Many thanks for all you advice.I will give it a go and update the forum with the outcome.

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

When your firmware and media used are not compatible, if there is too much compression per burn, if the burn speeds are too quick for your media, if your CPU cannot handle the challenge of the burn, actually the encoding, or just plain bad media, you will get what you are describing.

Start with the media issue first, trying a quality brand since that is usually the problem, then post back here either way to let us know.

9. PvtJoker

PvtJoker Regular member

I too am having issues. I am trying to back up my Seinfeld dvd. Sometime the copies work sometimes they dont. I am using 8X Sony -R. Should I try slowing the speed down?

10. cal981

cal981 Member

You can try burning at a slow speed like 1x.

11. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

None of what has been descibed may be your problem. Had this problem and discovered my standalone DVD player didn't support DVD-/+R. Make sure it does and if not, you can puchase a quality player for about $50. Walmart has a Phillips that's great! Bought it this time last year and guess what, no more skipping or freezing!

12. PvtJoker

PvtJoker Regular member

I DVD Player does support DVD -R. I bought cheap DVD called 'Value DVD' and they work fine no problems. The only difference between them and the Sony are the speed. Sony 8X and Value 4X. I will try slowing the speed down when using the Sony and see if that resolves my issue.