1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copied dvd playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by fuely, Nov 8, 2004.

1. fuely

fuely Member

i have managed to decrypt and shrink a dvd and all goes well and burns ok but it will not play on my stand alone dvd players .it plays on the pc ok though. i have been using dvd shrink ver 3.1 and dvd de-crypt.i have not had any probs before.the dvd loads ok then stops if i press play twice i get bits of movie with no sound. help

2. Caskyblue

Caskyblue Member

I am anewbie as well and had almost the exact problem. My burned DVD-R played fine on the PC that I used to burn the disk, but not on my stand alone player. The experienced users on the Forums point out that the media that you record on makes a difference. I re-burned on Verbatim DVD-RW disk and it plays fine on all my players. Hope this helps.

3. fuely

fuely Member

i have tried both verbatim and hp brand dvd rw with nothing but coasters to show for it also i am getting a select region error , when i select region 2 dvd shrink shuts down any ideas please.

4. bisaya

bisaya Member

fuely,

i'm a newbie myself but i have played around with DVDShrink and Nero 6.3.1.5 and was finally able to write a DVD with Book Type set to DVD-ROM, the most compatible for all dvd players. pls. note that bit setting to DVD-ROM is only possible with DVD+R media.
    if you have access to Nero 6.2 or greater, here's how it's done.

In Nero:
    - click "Recorder"
    - click "Choose Recorder"
    - click "Options" (lower left corner)
    - choose DVD-ROM in Book Type settings pull down menu

In DVDShrink:
    - Edit->Preferences
    - in File I/O, check "Enable burning with Nero"
    - click "OK"
    I believe you know the rest of the steps. Once you have made your copy, use DVDInfopro to verify your media and it will indicate Book Type = DVD-ROM, Media Type = DVD+R

And yes, I have a Plextor 712A which does not support bit setting but Nero made it possible!!
    Good Luck.

5. fuely

fuely Member

thank's guys i will give it a try.

6. Boopy

Boopy Member

Hi,
    does this work also with Nero 6.6.01 and if so do you know which choices i have to make to set dvd-rom?