1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied DVD-Rs skipping during playback

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dmorlow, Jul 9, 2007.

1. dmorlow

dmorlow Member

Hi,

Everytime I copy a DVD with DVD Shrink, it plays for about 5 minutes then starts skipping around. My previous computer was a large desktop with a lite-on DVD writer. I forget the specs of the computer other than that because it was about 3 years ago. I think it was a P4 with a gig of memory. That one copied perfect everytime. I sold it and bought this HP DV4000 laptop with a P4 2.2 GHz processor, gig of ram, and a dvd writer. I'm using DVD-R discs that are namebrand Ritek. In my previous computer that worked correctly, I used Ritek discs also. I don't think I've ever gotten a DVD to copy correctly in this. I tried copying them in Windows and never worked. It had the same problems I'm having now. Currently I'm running Linux Ubuntu 7.04. I have DVD Shrink running using WINE (a Windows emulator.) I first copy the DVD to the hard drive using DVD shrink copying it to the hard drive as an ISO. Then I use Nero Linux version 3 to burn it back to a DVD. It plays movies OK for about 3 - 5 minutes and then all the sudden it'll skip to a chapter or so ahead. After once or twice of it doing this, I get frusturated and just watch the real DVD. (I'm doing this so I back up my real DVD collection so I don't scratch them up.)

Any ideas what I can do to fix this? New DVD player? Different discs? Different DVD copy or burning program? I hope not a different computer.

Thank You,

David

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

the disks are not the best to use, try to use better quailty like verbs,fuji,tyuden, try not to do any multitasking, no surfing the net, burn at 4x or less, try doing just movie only, see what happens with that.