1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copied dvd's fail after about one hour of viewing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blossom1, Mar 5, 2005.

1. blossom1

blossom1 Guest

I am using a liteon 411s burner with dvd shrink 3.2 and use nero to burn, most of my copies play well for in excess of one hour then slow up and stop, very annoying , am i doing something wrong and how do i fix this problem, any assistance would be most welcome

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What brand of media(blank DVDs) are you using? What speed are you burning at?

3. blossom1

blossom1 Guest

hello , mainly use either laser or ritek and burn at four times speed. Sometimes the burn is successful all the way through. any help is greatly appreciated thanks

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What format(-,+) do you use? Try burning at 2x for -R or 2.4x for +R. You may also want to see if there is a new firmware update for your burner.

5. blossom1

blossom1 Guest

thanks, Wolfnigger,have just d/loaded new firmware ,so will see if that makes a difference also will try burning at 2x speed , thanks for your suggestions , will let you know how we get on regards

6. blossom1

blossom1 Guest

thanks for the replys.problem solved by replacing burner with a new model, old burner was faulty.
    best wishes to all great site cheers