1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied DVD's - now wish to convert...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PaulKaleb, Jan 8, 2007.

1. PaulKaleb

PaulKaleb Member

Hey - Im still realtivly new at all this, so please stick with me!

Since coming here about a week or so ago - ive found out how to copy and burn DVD's - which is awesome.

However, since for christmas I got a 320Gb external hard drive - I figrued it would be cool to store a few movies on my hard drive. Also things like my cartoon DVD's (American Dad, South Park etc) I dont really wanna burn to another disk - I want them to be on my laptop for when Im on bus trips and what not.

What I want to know now is - what is the best software for shirnking the files that DVD shrink gives me. I get huge Gigabyte files from DVD shrink for about 20mins worth of video - yet my friends who download movies seem to get AVI's or DivX movies that are like....one gigabyte for a whole movie, rather than the four point five gigabytes I seem to be using per movie at the moment. If any body knows of the correct and easiest way to condense or convert these files - please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Psul.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  3. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

In the link provided by johnl123 I would recommend autogk 2.40 or avi.net 2.2.1. Both provide pretty decent output avi files (you determine the size but keep in mind 700mb is probably the smallest with the best quality).