1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied DVD's wont play in me drive, help :D

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Franch1se, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Franch1se

Franch1se Member

Hi firstly great forums, very helpfull for all my audio and dvd needs :p

I just recnetly bought a pioneer 107 drive and it plays normal dvds with no problems, and i can rip the dvds using shrink or decrypter with no problems after reading your guides. However my problem is playing the dvd's back after ive copied them onto blank discs.

They play back with no trouble on my other dvd players in the house (playstation and a standalone panasonic jobby) but they wont play on the drive i ripped the film from.

Any suggestions would be great

thanks

2. Franch1se

Franch1se Member

sorry if this has been asked before, give me a kick up the backside and ill be on my way

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Baabaa, raises his red wellingtons - [bold]doooooooooof[/bold] and Franch1se is on his way.....LOL

What software are you using to burn?
    What software are you using to construct the dvd files with?
    Have you been able to play ANY backups on the PC yet?
    What media are you using?
    What type of media -r or +r OR RW's?

Cannot promise anything but crunching through the basics may reveal the answer........

4. Franch1se

Franch1se Member

hehe,

im using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter to burn and rip the dvd's (ive tried both)
    Ive not been able to play any dvd backups on the drive, even ones made by other people.
    the media im using is branded RiDisc (made by Ritek) with the G04 dye and its of the -R variety.

Just seems really silly to me. To play the dvds im using power dvd or good old media player 9. The picture i get is a kind of grey sparkley type screen, it might be macrovision? or i might be totaly wrong there

Oh and i think ive got the latest dodgy firmware but im not certain

5. Franch1se

Franch1se Member

Oh and the dvd backup made by another person was a dvd he made for his disertation so dont worry about the piracy issues :p

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

The software you are using should create an acceptable dvd file structure.

I have heard of alot of people having these type issues simialr to yours......

I am just wondering whether it maybe a slight media mismatch with your burner - and I mean slight.

I am not sure but I think most people sorted the problem out by re-flashing the firmware to a newer version? -[bold]This is risky and could render the writer unusable, do at your own risk[/bold]

You can go here to view the latest firmware http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/support_software.jsp?category=support/software#fdvdwriter

However, I would wait over the weekend to see if someone could give you a more definative solution.

If I can find anymore info I shall post, sorry I could not be more helpful......

7. Franch1se

Franch1se Member

ok i might give it ago, i think ive already updated it to the hacked firmware tho, so that might be a problem flashing it again

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You said
    Was it a hacked version or a legit one, if so that maybe where your problem is lying, therefore a reflash with legit firmware may just do the trick.....

If you do decide to reflash with legit, obviously a risk involved, but let us know of the outcome......