1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coping 2 X with Nero6

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Annny, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Annny

Annny Guest

Hi ,
    PLS can someone can help me with the nero 6 i tried
    2 games Samurai Warrior and need for speed Underground
    and it just copy 4X Is there somehow another way ???
    i scrap some DVD CD because the game just froze....

PLS HELP!!!!!!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You should be easily able to select 1X or 2.4X if you use Nero's Burning ROM instead of Nero's Express to burn. You'll have much more control over all that you do -

Cheers,

Pete

3. Annny

Annny Guest

Hi and tks,
    but it's still not working....i copy Samurai warrior and nothing........and need for speed underground 2 it's frozing and the X Box.....Even at 2X i've change the dvd for another one nothing....
    i wonder if it's because it's all ready a copy that im trying to copy or maybe im not doing the step right.......pls i need help !!!!

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Annny,

a copy from a copy, Huh ?

That makes it simple as pie :)

Use DVD Decrypter -

NOTE: The very best way to make a backup of a DVD-5 (a DVD-5's (<4.36GB) requires no compression), a copy of a copy OR even a copy of a DVD XCopy backup is to make it using an ISO image. An ISO image encapsulates every nuance of the original, EVERY nuance making it a PERFECT copy.
    (Note the attention I placed spelling the word PERFECT. :)

{i]AND[/i], guess what, DVD Decrypter does just that for the affordable price of . . . FREE ! !

Here's the "Uncle" ScubaPete's, can't miss, step-by-step guide to using DVD Decrypter -

HINT:
    I always create a folder on my Desktop named " All DVD Work" and before ripping my DVD's I create another sub-folder with the name of the movie I'm backing up. (i.e. C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive.)

Next - you need to download this:
    (Get your DVD Decrypter's newest version here - )
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Place your original DVD in the drive tray and close tray.

To make a PERFECT backup with DVD Decrypter we'll do it in the ISO image mode. First go to "Mode" then "ISO," then select "Read." Where it says "Source," select the drive containing your original DVD. Hopefully, this drive is your DVD-ROM drive. Using your burner to read a disc is hard on the drive. The constant starting and stopping of the drive can cause over-heating and can prematurely wear your burner out. If you have just the one drive, there's not much you can do but use it. Where it says "Destination," Browse until you find your pre-made folder (C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive) and select that. Now "Click" the Disc-to-HD icon.
    Me, I'm headed out to get a cup of coffee and a cigarette but I should be back 'bout the time the ripping is done, . . . .
    When the "Reading sound" signals that the job is complete, remove your original DVD and insert your *blank DVD.

Alright, I'm back, and you didn't think I'd make it . . .Now back you go to "Mode," then "ISO" and then choose "Write". Now we go to "Source" and locate our folder where our ISO and mds file resides. Choose mds. Then, let's head to "Destination" and select our burning drive where our blank DVD disc awaits. Lastly, we "Click" the HD to disc icon
    and . . . .
    STAND BACK FROM THE COMPUTER ! It's too late in the game to want to make a **coaster, isn't it ? Remember, let your PC do its "thing" without your interference - until we hear the "Finished tune".

Your PC requires more resources while it's burning than at any other time. The only other thing that requires that much of your PC's resources is the encoding of your DVD, so again, for those times, relax, have a sandwich and a beer and say "Hi" to those strange "little people" running around your house, they're your kids (Lol).

To copy a DVD successfully it's necessary to use a decent grade media – Don't cut corners there ~
    DO USE; Phillips, RiData, Sony, TDK, Ritek G04, Verbatim DataLife, Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD discs OR media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO", Taiyo Yuden's and generally, almost any discs manufactured by Mitsubishi or RICOH are excellent bets. Other media could cause unnecessary errors, only the very best media should be used for DVD Video burning. Now is defiantly not the time to put your, "Boy did I save money buying this crappy cheap stuff." in - ) "The DVD's you successfully save could be yours."

Thanks for stopping in and remember,

When you want Guides with a dysfunctional personality, shop ScubaPete :p)

Cheers,

Pete

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Of course that's assuming that the copy works. You cannot make a working copy from a non-working one (Lol)

I only say that because, believe it or not . . . some pple have assumed it could be done . . . There's no telling what some pple believe - it takes all kinds . . . .

Pete

6. Annny

Annny Guest

Hi again,
    wow that's cool i already have the decrypter
    i know how it's working but i din't know we can use it like that.....It's cool...and thank you a lot for your help.....it's very nice......

:)

7. Annny

Annny Guest

Hi again and again,
    i put a game in the decrypter and did what you told me but when i put the CD (DVD CD )in the X Box it still don't work....it say's DVD Dongle free
    it's for viewing DVD but not games.....
    Is there somehow something else pls!!!!!!!!!

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Annny,

I'm not a "gamer" so I don't understand that error message.

I do have a question - Does your original work ? If so . . . . The copy we just made should work also, it's an EXACT copy. The only variable is the discs you're using - as I said, you have to use a high quality disc to burn ALSO it should be a -R disc not a +R disc. PS2 and XBox's are picky that way -

What media were you using ?

9. Annny

Annny Guest

Hiho,
    Oki so for the movies DVD i use shrink....It's easy....But for the original game i need the XBox to do that.....I use Flash FXP after i use Qwix and for the finish it's DVDDecrypter......This way is for the original games......For the copy i use Nero Express usualy.....But some game don't work...Like Need for speed underground 2 and samurai warriors don't work from the copy.... Maybe because Nero just right minimum 4x....And the DVD Cd i use is Memorex 8x 4.7 120 min.....Or Mitsubi somethine like that......

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

The writing speed on DVDD is totally adjustable - 1X, 2.4X, 4X, etc.

The only reason I bring it up is, Data is Data and DVDD is the best EXACT copier for the price that I know of . . .

If the original copy works then the copy you made using DVDD in the ISO mode really has to work - DVDD doesn't add or subtract anything at all - especially when using ISO images.

When you use other proggys they may lose something in the unnecessary encoding OR in copying using the file mode.

If you find another method please let me know - I just love illogical puzzles ~

Cheers,

BTW, You might wish to check upon that Memorex you're using. It has some serious memory issues. Over the past 3 years I've lost 46 out of approx 192 video discs I made. It comes down to that crappy dye that CMC uses on the discs -

11. Annny

Annny Guest

Hello there,
    Maybe is the Memorex i use....Like yesterday i tried i game NHL 2K5 with the programme decrypter......not working it was to fast anyway the copie and i look the graving it wasent the same....
    If ISO suppose to do the same copy it din't work this time......why ??? i realy dont know ....snif snif

12. Annny

Annny Guest

I forgot to say i use R- always......i know verypicky but it's to much..........snif snif !!!!