1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coping a full dvd onto the HD as one file so I can use the HTPC method without compressing

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by flaboy, Nov 12, 2003.

1. flaboy

flaboy Member

I have dvdxcopy but when I try to do the ripping and it makes multiple vob's with the same name so I can't merge them back together. Is there anyway I can rip the dvd to the harddrive as one file since it will be on the HD, I don't care about the size.
    Thanks
    David

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

You can sue DVDDecrypter to rip the movie as one large VOB file (plus the relevant IFO and BUP files). Go into the program's options first and disable file splitting.

3. Samantha

Samantha Member

DVDDecrypter is the best little progg to rip the vobs to your hard drive, then for compression use DVD2one then burn with Nero.

Good luck

4. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

why are you trying to merge them together anyway. They come as separate vobs in real life.

5. koola

koola Guest

Follow my DVD Decrypter guide. Link below.

6. flaboy

flaboy Member

I'm wanting to merge them or leave them as one big file on the HD, Because I'm going to use a PC as my dvd jukebox. I want to do this so I don't need the plastic disk.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

As Koola suggested, follow that guide. You can rip in the future as ISo instead of Files