1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copper Pads on the Bottom Chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TheDonBos, Apr 20, 2003.

1. TheDonBos

TheDonBos Member

Hi Guys,

Need help. Started installing Magic 3.1, all went well halfway through until I reached the bottom chip where the copper pads G,D,I are, when I was trying to solder, the pads disappeared, what should be done now, need immediate assistance, where and how to solder the points. If I can not then I have to abondon and unsolder the installation, if I do that will my PS2 work. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. rogierg

rogierg Member

Try cleaning them with alcohol. If they are really gone you have big problem. You can try scraping of some of the isolator at the top of the circuitboard and connect the wire directly to the circuit/track.

3. a_name

a_name Member

Hey you probably used to much heat either to high wattage on the solder or you left it sit to long on the pads. You have a problem if you look closly at those pads (either on the board or in the installation picture) you will notice that each pad has two tracs one going to the pad then to the chip if you don't get them reconected together then I Don't think your ps2 will work to well. sorry

4. jones617

jones617 Guest

those copper pads are just test points. (i had the same problem) you dont need them for the ps2 to work.)