1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copper plate is burnt off HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Class-S, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Class-S

Class-S Member

I have 2 problems.

#1 I have a magic 3 chip w/ V7 board and I was soldering point D on the back side of the board and the copper plate came off. I tried to put my ps2 together but the first time I turned it on I hit eject and the tray came out then went back in I all I get is the blue led blinking and the green led, no audio or video. I was wondering if there is some how I could fix this by soldering the points else where.

# 2 I order a magic 3 from ps2backupss and it was too hard so I got clips from mod-chip.ca and I got everything worked except ps2 cd and dvd backups. I thought something was wrong with the L clip so I tried sodering and the copper plate came off and the ps2 won't turn on. I think I will have get a new version 7 motherboard. I was wondering where is the best place to get one and if they could install my mod chip or a new one and send it to me.

p.s. Anyone in Central Illinois like Peoria to install the chip

p.p.s. Do you think I could sell my motherboard to someone who sells the parts of the motherboard.

2. glassman

glassman Guest

I just did the same type of thing on a v5 board to the 3.3v on a dms3 install. I was wondering if there was an alternate source of +3.3v on a v5 board. Mine still works fine with chip disconnected. Anyone know someone who can fix these points on the mboard?

3. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Anyone in Central Illionis...

No but here are a couple in Chicago. I've had and heard only very good things about both.

http://www.XteamMods.com
    http://www.ModChipGuy.com

There are few others but I think they are on the east and west coast. Those are probably your best bet.

as far as the traces, thats what you burnt off, I think your systems are totaly fried. I had a friend do this to his "c" connection and I tried everything under the sun to repair it. There was nothing that could be done. It was eventully junked and sold on ebay as a broken system for $70.

Not saying it's impossible but I haven't seen or heard of recooping from a burnt trace. You kind of need them. LOL

Good Luck!

4. glassman

glassman Guest