1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy >4.37 dvd to 2 dvd's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smckmc, Aug 11, 2003.

1. smckmc

smckmc Member

I have read and read postings and have learned a lot by reading. But I am still uncertain about: I want to make backup copies of my dvd's and want to keep everything quality, menues, subtitels, etc. I think after reading I know what I need to do if the dvd is a DVD-5 and if it a DVD-9 and I want to remove things to burn to 1 DVD, but if I want to keep eveything and it is a DVD-9 will I need more then just the DVD Decrypter to do this? Will I need to use DVD Decrypter to decrypt and then can I use Pinnacle Instant Copy to do a bit for bit copy onto 2 DVD/R? I am new to this and right now I think I may want everything copied, later I may find that the video quality and the 5.1 surround sound is all I really need to be happy with the backup copy. Any help would be great.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

U can use DVD Decrypter. Then run half the VOB's through TMPGEnc DVD Authora and create an output. Burn this to disc. Do the same with the other half. You now have it on two discs!

3. smckmc

smckmc Member

I just have to keep them in sequential order per disk correct? (1,2,3 on a disk and not 1,3,6) Do I put the .IFO file with the first disk, that has the 1st VOB file? Lets say I have 7 VOB files and 6 of them equal to 3.99GB I could put all 6 one on disk and the last VOB file one the second disk byitself, correct? Just new at this and want to make sure.
    Thanks

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yes, just keep them in order. There is no need for IFO files or anything, TMPGEnc DVD Author does all that for you. Use the guide in my signature to help you!