1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy a 4.7Gb+ dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by pimpopimp, Jan 25, 2003.

1. pimpopimp

pimpopimp Member

It is may be wrong but I was thinking about something. Would it be possible to copy a 8gb dvd movie to another 8gb double sided dvd (4.7gb on each side) by just splitting the VOB files. So I would record say 6 VOBs on one side and 2 VOBs on the other. Of course I would need to copy the menu and introductory material on both sides of the DVD (which is not a lot) so I could access the parts of the movie. Is it possible?
    If it does work, it would be the best way to copy a large movie. Since there would not be any format conversion involved. Let me know if any one tried this.

2. csayers

csayers Member

Lots of guides have delt with this - try SeaMonkeys guide -

(http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/main.html)

When it refers to split to 2 DVD's - use side 1 and 2 as diffrent DVDs.

3. kalell

kalell Member

Can you use the double sided DVD's in a Sony DRU500A and when you play them, once created, do you have to flip them over in the DVD player to play the second side?

4. csayers

csayers Member

Can you use the double sided DVD's in a Sony DRU500A

**Yes

and when you play them, once created, do you have to flip them over in the DVD player to play the second side?

**Yes