1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy a backup with nero ultra

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 6foot7, Oct 18, 2004.

1. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I used xcopy to make a duplicate of my video then I used nero to burn another copy but the copy is breaking up and freezing. HELP!! I used xcopy because my video was copy protected then used nero to make another copy just to see if it would work. Will I need to get the dvdxcopy platinum upgrade?

2. DocCrane

DocCrane Guest

No mate it's more likely to be your media are you saving to hard disc first before burning your copy cus you will need to do this, it’s also better to use one drive to do the ripping and burning. As I’ve found out.

I had lots of problems with what your getting, it turned out to be crap media, I use to use Bulkpaq, the amount of coasters i was getting was silly, so i changed and now im currently using Data Write Yellow label 8X and the problem hasn’t happened since.
    Also on another note mate, try using DVD Shrink, it’s free and does a far better job at copying a protected DVD then DVD X COPY, you also lose the back up screen you get at the beginning of each backup you do which is better,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2004
  3. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

THANKS DOC! I'll give it a try. Right now my system will not start, I was making a backup with xcopy and the system froze up and now I can't get XP to restart or RESTORE

4. DocCrane

DocCrane Guest

no probs :), one thing i forgot to say, if you used dvd shrink or any other dvd copyer, try burning at a lower speed,
    If i want a perfect burn i will burn at 1X or 2X it takes a while but worth the wait, also apply this to cheaper media,

5. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Hello guys,

May I add one thing about burning at slower speeds. It's only necessary when you burn using crappy media or cheap burner or firmware may need upgrading on the burner.
    I use a NEC 2500a and a liteon 451s. Both which have firmware hacks allowing DL & 8x on the NEC and 8X on the liteon. I use Ridata branded 4x media and my burners recognize it as 8x media. Havent had a coaster yet!!.
    I also keep my pc clean of junk programs and spyware.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

6foot7,

This is your last warning ... any XCopy questions are to be posted in aD's XCopy forum. http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com ... this is the Admins decision. And I've posted in your other threads.

7. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Hi Flip, long time,

Am I not following admins suggestions by answering or replying to Xcopy questions that are in this forum and not in the Xcopy forum?

I'd like to follow policy..

8. flip218

Most if not all XCopy questions should be directed to aD's XCopy forum. If you notice we close most XCopy threads and send them to the XCopy forum.

This one was borderline since the question was also about Nero :)

9. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

I understand,
    Thnak you

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  10. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

My question was mainly for the issue I was having with NERO, I had to mention the other program because I thought it would help to know exactly what program I used prior to NERO.

11. flip218

6foot7,

I hear ya ... which is why the thread isn't closed :) ... also changed your thread title.

As for your problems ... your trying to copy a backup made by XCopy, correct?

Try slowing the burn speed in Nero, and using the current version(s) of Nero always is good. And when backing up with XCopy, make sure you use quality media from the start.

12. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

Flip, I took your advise, I am no longer using xcopy. I switched to SHRINK & DECRYPT. MUCH BETTER!

6FOOT