1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy a Backup?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by XNikoX, Mar 16, 2005.

1. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Is it possible to make a copy of a backup?

2. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

use nero then hit copy disc. only works if u have 1 dvd rom drive and another dvdrw drive.otherwise u will have to download the ISO to ur HD first then burn it.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

it works just like backing up an original.
    Use DVD Decrypter and use the same process as you would backing up an original.
    Burn to hard drive then burn to another DVD.
    I have done it a few times and it works just fine.

4. xdgen84

xdgen84 Member

Works fine for me, just rip the iso and burn it. But remember, you can only legally have one backup of a game you own..but whatever.

5. ifunerals

ifunerals Guest

I have tried to burning a copied dvd using Nero copy dvd. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I get an "unrecoverable read error". I check the disc for anything and everything. No scratches. No prints. I have ripped and burned hundreds of movies with relatively no problem, but I still consider myself a novice at the rip and burn game. I would like to get some guidance on what the problem is and how to correct it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  6. xdgen84

xdgen84 Member

Try using DVD Decrypter to rip the iso and then burn the iso with DVD decrypter, Alcohol 120% or Nero etc. whatever you prefer for burning. Just try the ripping with DVD Decrypter though and see if that may be it instead of just copying on the fly.

7. ifunerals

ifunerals Guest

I have tried DVD Decrypter to rip. It just stalls. The movies are clean and work perfectly in all of my dvd players. I was thinking it maybe a problem with the media. When I first started burning movies, I was using Memorex DVD -R which weren't very good. I had a lot of problems with them. Started using Sony & TDK's DVD +R. No problems. Again, these movies are clean and no scratches and it is happening on more than one movie. They get about half way through and the recorder almost comes to a halt. The recorder is a Sony 16x DL external. I haven't had any rip or burn problems from original dvds. Both Nero (Lastest version) and DVD Decrypter stall. Don't know what to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  8. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Ifunerals, I think it could be the media Memorex. I get the the same read problems with my sony and Memorex DVD+R.