1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy a DVD size 7.29 GB to a 4.7 GB DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sellertx, Nov 17, 2004.

1. sellertx

sellertx Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a cd containing videos and music. I checked and the size of the media is 7.29 GB. I wanted to make a copy of this DVD, but I can't seem to find a way to shrink this to fit on a regular DVD.
    I copied all files from this DVD into my laptop and I got 2 folders:
    AUDIO_TS
    VIDEO_TS
    Inside Audio there is nothing
    Inside Video TS ther are several Files.
    Video_TS.BUP - 12k
    VIDEO_TS.IFO - 12k
    VIDEO_TS.VOB - 244K
    VTS_01_0.BUP - 62K
    VTS_01_0.IFO - 62k
    VTS_01_0.VOB - 244k
    VTS_01_1.VOB - 1,048,544 kb
    VTS_01_2.VOB - 1,048,544 kb
    VTS_01_3.VOB - 1,048,544 kb
    VTS_01_4.VOB - 1,048,544 kb
    VTS_01_5.VOB - 1,048,544 kb
    VTS_01_6.VOB - 1,048,544 kb
    VTS_01_7.VOB - 1,048,544 kb
    VTS_01_8.VOB - 309,634 kb

I've tried using DVD Shrink 3.1 and DVDXcopy. Both tell me that the amount of data is larger than the size of the DVD.

I was able to copy using DVD shrink but only the video comes out and not the sound.

Is there any media that could handle this much information. This is not a movie, these are hiphop videos used at a club and both the videos and sound mix prefectly.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Seller Texan

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The main thing DVDShrink does is rip and compress dvd's to fit the 4.7 gig blank media. But don't be mislead but the 4.7 gig written on the blanks. The actual size is 4.36 gig of data that will fit. In DVDShrink set the target size to 4300. That will make sure it will fit the 4.36 gig discs. It should work. Members do this every day with Shrink. Did you try to edit the original to make it fit? If so you may have taken out the audio track by mistake.

Jerry

3. sellertx

sellertx Member

I did change the settings and it still did not want to record to my DVD.
    Even After compression is done the Size Line on the top of the DVD Shrink, shows more than 4.7 GB. The line is red which means that the data is more than what the DVD can handle.
    As far as the option on the audio, I only have one option. I unchecked that the size of the video now fits. But after recording the DVD no audio comes out, only video.

Is there any DVD media bigger than 4.7?
    How is the original DVD shows as the data to be 7.29 GB when I right click and click on properties?

Any help is greatly appreciated

SAM

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You are just simply not using your DVD Shrink to its full potential... Once you open your files or Disk on the right under where it says compression settings there is a little drop down box there where you can switch it to Automatic or custom and so on. If you put it on custom you can use the slider to adjust your size. Shrink will usually do this on automatic, but your shrink may be set to DVD9. You can check this by going to Edit then Preferences then in that little drop down box it also has custom or DVD5 or DVD9. I usually set this to 4300 it is a little smaller than a DVD5 but much safer and better burns. By the way DVD9 is Dual Layer DVD and DVD5 is single layer.
    Hope this helps you out :)

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

sellertx,

Have you tried the new Shrink v3.2? And are you using deep analysis?