1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy after run with Dfab

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hound64, Feb 10, 2007.

1. hound64

hound64 Member

Why does a DVD not copy when it goes through Dfab ok? Any advise out there. Thanks

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@hound64

Keep in mind that nowadays, Sony and Macrovision are getting more and more nastier (tougher). Yes, it's true sometimes (10%) even if DVDFab Decrypter successfully ripped the DVD/movie, but once you open your files via "open files" via DVD Shrink, it (DVD Shrink) will choke or can not continue. If that is the case, then you'll need to process and clean your already ripped files (VOB, VTS) through FixVTS or (VIDEO_TS.IFO) through VobBlanker.

Tools I used and highly recommend:

DVDFab Decrypter 3080
    RipIt4Me 1690
    DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    ImgBurn
    FixVTS and VobBlanker

Have a look at some FREE guides here http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/A_F_Guides.html (Featuring guides by Alkohol & FasFrank; it will help you to install, rip and backup any DVD successfully; guides including DVD Shrink, DVDFab Decrypter 3080, RipIt4Me 1690, DVD Decrypter, ImgBurn, VobBlanker & FixVTS).

As for newbie, I recommend you to rip with the latest DVDFab Decrypter 3080 (simply because it's more faster and easier).

If you don't want to use DVDFab Decrypter, simply rip with RipIt4Me (it is unstoppable, but just a little longer that's all). Follow this RipIt4Me guide here http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide2.html

Best of luck and enjoy them FREE guides!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  3. Altercuno

Altercuno Regular member

Ah thanks for that alkohol...I wondered why DVDFabD and Shrink don't seem to work together. If I've ripped with DVDFabD I normally use Recode 2.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I hear the author of DVD Shrink is responsible for Recode 2 as well. Normally if the files work in one they'll work in the other. If you processed the files for compliance with FixVTS they would probably work. The quick analysis in Shrink or Recode will tell.

The RI4M does the decryption, cleanup, compliance processing, and then opens the files in Shrink for the quick analysis check; all from the 1-Click mode. RI4M has started making me lazy with so little user input needed.

alkohol
    Good post, you got it down with all those links. :) The RI4M macro uses (or can use) all the programs from your favorites list except the DVDFab and VobBlanker. I've got Shrink, ImgBurn and DVD Decrypter set up so when I enter DVDD as the burn option it opens ImgBurn as the supported burner. Saves burning to the HDD and then using ImgBurn. ImgBurn has the speed control missing from DVDD. I added that last bit for the readers, I'm sure you already know all about it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  5. hound64

hound64 Member

tks for all the help appreciate it....

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Credit goes to alkohol on this one. I just added a little supporting commentary. LOL