1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Blu Ray and play from Hard Disk

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by oldgold, Nov 10, 2017.

1. oldgold

oldgold Member

Hi

Is it possible to copy a blu ray disc to a hard drive in a format that is then playable directly from that hard drive. I don't want the blu ray contents compressed or edited in anyway, I want the version on the hard drive to be an exact clone of the actual disc, so when I come to play it from the hard drive its as if I've actually put the physical blu ray disc in the optical drive.

Every search I do always seems to lead to compressing the files or I don't understand the terminology used. Can anyone provide some simple guides/software needed (if this is possible).

Thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The only program i know of that can rip bluray for free would be dvdfab 8 or version 9..It should be free to rip for life at no cost .Everything else is trial ware on them..To avoid compression you'll need to learn the settings to get 1:1

You can convert the main movie with makemkv with no compression applied for a 1:1 of just the movie & dump the junk.Tho you may be able to use dvdfab customize option if it has one to get rid of the bloat

3. gilboa

gilboa Member

2017.11.14 Previous replies seem quite old. DVDfab10 does rip to uncompressed MKv and MP4 files though it is not free and costs about $40 for the Blue Ray Ripper. Ripped files 30gigs+

BTW: Compressed files seem to have much better picture quality the uncompressed video is grainy.