1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy DVD-9 to dual layered DVD-Rs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nanumula, May 11, 2004.

1. nanumula

nanumula Member

Does anyone know if it is possible to copy dual-layered DVD-9 games like MGS2: Substance and Xenosaga to dual-layered DVD-Rs using Sony's new dual-layered burner, the DRU-700A?

2. Backupman

Backupman Member

Where did u get the disks? it would be the same way,most burning programs give updates for dual layer already or soon.

3. nanumula

nanumula Member

I don't have discs or the burner yet, but i just wanted to know if it is possible before I buy either of them. If dual-layered copying for DVD-9 PS2 games isn't possible, then I would probably just buy the older DRU-530A, which only supports single-layered burning but is cheaper.

4. Backupman

Backupman Member

I don't see any difference in burning a dl disk except that it would be Fall until real dl burners come out and then another few months after that till media comes out.Remember that PS2 are picky with witch media u use,so unless u want to wait that long for a handful of dl PS2 games that exists I wouldn't worry about it.Or you can get an 8x burner with firmware support for dl if u want something for the future.