1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy DVD content to USB/PC when DVD plays only on DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by tanalam, May 20, 2012.

1. tanalam

tanalam Member

Greetings to All,
    I have problem here and hope some of you could help me get out of this.
    I have purchased few tutorial dvd. The DVDs work fine on my sony SR-650P dvd player
    but it fails to detect in laptop. I tried Dell/Sony (Win 7 installed) and Mac PC. Only MAC was able to detect one DVD rest could not even detect one.
    Now what I want is create of backup of the dvds on PC for later use. I can not go to the seller and ask for different dvd because I doubt it would make any difference to the dvd type.
    Could you tell me options/possibilities to make a copy of my dvds on pc.

TIA
    tanweer

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

So the computer drives aren't seeing the disc at all, or it shows up (in My Computer, for example) but you cannot play the content?

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

Could it be an odd format?

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well it sounds like the drives aren't seeing the discs at all, which is strange, but I'm not sure if that's what the OP meant or not.

I was thinking perhaps there's a form of copy protection that's making playing it a problem. An odd format would probably throw up more of an issue playing on a standalone player than in a drive wouldn't it?

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

Back in the 98 days I burnt like 10 CDs that would not read on other 95/98 machines found out was missing a layer or something god its on the tip of my toung ><

Dammit I canna remember ><

6. tanalam

tanalam Member

Hi All,
    The situation is like as follows.
    ->I tried it first on my Dell Inspiron E1505 it showed the detecting icon (the rotating CD sign) which stays there for a while and then disappears. (This one has Windows Vista)Nothing detected at the end.
    ->Then I tried it on Sony Vio.In this it detects the dvd but shows empty.(This one has WIndows 7)
    -> Then I tried on Linovo IBM machine It straight aways says the format in the disc is
    not understood by windows. (This one has windows Vista)

-> Then I tried on Mac PC. It was able to play one dvd but not the second one.The one it was able to play was also browseable and showed AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.

I have a set of 10-12 DVDs from the same provider. It is kind of tutorial, a classroom recording.

Finally before going back to the content provider I though of checking it with a DVD player . I used sony DVP-SR650P, and random I checked 5-6 DVDs and all played fine. I skipped chapters RW/FF all was fine.

Then I used this tool dvdinfo pro to find out the type of dvd and it showed DVD-R.
    And this is the final status.

And I am sort of stuck at this juncture, short of options. My aim is to have content copied on Laptop.

TIA
    tanweer