1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy dvd

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tcal73, Apr 13, 2007.

1. tcal73

tcal73 Member

Hello Group,
    Somewhat new to the technical side of dvd backup copying.........but I have been using dvddecrypter and dvdshrink for about a year and have been pleased with the results untill recently....which I now understand is newer copy protection scemes. So I installed ripit4me, followed instructions, started making copies. Well, I made about 20 of so before I tried to watch one, only to find that the copies had digital drop-outs all over the place-audio too-, but only after watching about 1/3 to 1/2 half of the movie. What gives here?? Anyone know??

Second question: Any reason why a movie dvd cannot be backed-up to two dvd's, without compression? Can it be done? I'm thinking of the old/original dvd's-the lp-size Laser Disk of the late 1970's that had you turning the disk over 1/2 way through the movie. Don't know about you, but it was ok with me--time for that drink, bathroom call or snack. If its reasonable to break the movie/audio at some point onto another disk, it would seem to me a great saving of time and learning curve with new backup schemes all the time, to say nothing of the commercial guy's always harking their latest expensive software. My two cents.

Any thoughts??

2. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

hey what media are you useing?? and does all of them do the same thing?? another program thats great to use is dvdfab decrypter, this is what i use don't know that much about ripit4me , i know it's a good program ( it was the 1 program that would kick saw 3's but lol)..

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVDFab Platinum from DVDIdle and DVDCopy5 from InterVideo both split automatically when set. PLatinum has a Split selection on the menu and Copy5 splits unless you check the selection for fit to 1 disc. You can do the task in Shrink's Reauthor. Check with bbmayo for a guide on that "how to".

No idea what's happening with you on your problem backups. RI4M 1.7.1.0 has been decrypting the most difficult releases, so it's not likely the software unless something happened to corrupt it. A delete and install takes care of that. Do you have the latest versions of your software? Click Here if you need the right software with instructions and links.

@dvdchick
    Saw 3 and everything since. If you don't know what it is, check Here .

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  4. onya

onya Guest

Skipping, stuttering and drop outs are usually due to high burn speeds and poor media. Keep your burn speeds to 4X or at 8X max, and use Taiyo yuden or Verbatim blanks.

Heres a link to bbmayo's guides and downloads, it's got all you need like a one stop shop....lol (i noticed pacman777 has one there too! Nice one.)

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

You have the option of course to burn to a DVD-5 single layer disc and/or split it into two discs, so therefore no compression, or to a DVD-9 dual layer disc(expensive)

I definetely remember the size of the computers of that era. They were situated in their own A/Con'd room adjacent to the draughting offices. The word massive comes to mind....lol. How time gets away.

Anyhow, good luck and post back if you need more help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  5. tcal73

tcal73 Member

Hi Gang,
    Thanks for the quick response and all sugestions. I'll read & try what was offered and post my results.........thanks

6. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

thanks pacman777

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Laser discs were better than those beta max machines. ;)

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome, ditto to you tcal73.