1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Full DVD to Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jbone19, Jun 23, 2007.

1. jbone19

jbone19 Member

I was wondering which was the best program to copy a full DVD to my hard drive and then what format should it be in just to watch it from Hard drive? I have a computer strictly for home entertainment with several external 500gb hd's and I want to put movies on them and be able to watch them, i hope this makes sense some one, I appreciate any advise and help I can get, thank you in advance.

jbone

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

"DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS)." - http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

or you can use anydvd, right click the fox head in your traybar and click Rip Video DVD to Harddisc...

or if you already have the movie backed up (without the protection on it) you can use dvd decrypter ISO Read

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Totally agreed with Creaky. I love this program.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  5. jbone19

jbone19 Member

Awesome, I will try DVD fab, and see how it works I figured out how to do it with DVD decrypter abd it saves it as allot of separate files , click on the first one and watch the whole movie, so that works, will DVD fab save it as one file? Or is there a program to convert it to one high quality file? I want to make it as simple as possible for anyone who tries to watch a movie. I want a folder with a picture of what the movie is on it and one file to click on inside the folder,I know I want allot.
    What would be the best program to watch the movies from the PC with?
    Thanks again for any help,

jbone

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

InterVideo WinDVD is a good one i think you can find it free also

WMP will play them too

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007