1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy iPod video files from hard drive to disc

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by roseze, Mar 28, 2007.

1. roseze

roseze Member

I converted several dvds into MPEG-4 to use in iTunes and on my iPod. I want to make a copy of these MPEG-4 files on a disc so I can take them to work and put them on my iTunes work computer. I tried using iTunes to burn them but it won't work. I have a Sony Dual RW Drive Double Layer and Nero Express 6. But I can't figure out how to just make a copy to a dvd. The files I am trying to copy are rather large - about 1.9 gig each or more. Also, I note that after I loaded in the software for the Nero Express it changed all my music video files and video files on my hard drive from Quick Time to Nero - is this a bad thing? Why would it automatically change the video files? I can still play the music videos thru iTunes on my home computer but if I do not have nero on my work computer (which I do not) once I copy these files to a disc will I be able to play them on iTunes on my work computer?

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

3. tjttjt

tjttjt Guest

4. roseze

roseze Member

Thank you for all your suggestions. I figured out how to use the Nero program (at least I think I did) and made a back up of the files onto a disc. Now I just need to check to see if they work on my office computer.