1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy movies on the ps2! (HELP NEEDED!)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by OblivionX, Aug 8, 2003.

1. OblivionX

OblivionX Guest

i no the ps2s version 4 play -r and +r dvd media! But they dont play VCD or SVCD on cd-r! But will the ps2 read the svcd or vcd if its burned on 2 a dvd?

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

theres no point putting a vcd on a dvd. Thats like copying a cd based game to dvd. Well it doesnt make a difference wat you burn it to. You can however encode the vcd movie to a dvd compatible format then burn as a original dvd movie. Not sure how to do this though

3. Geeza

Geeza Guest

PS2 will not play VCD Period! only DVD - If you want to play your VCD you will need to use a program called PSS Plex to re-encode the movie into a .PSS file - these files can be read by the PS2, as it is the format game FMV is produced.

4. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

I find it easiest, albeit a bit lengthy to just convert my vcd/svcd to dvd format and burn to a dvd. You can get 2 full movies on a dvd that way.. ;)

5. OblivionX

OblivionX Guest

thank you

6. OblivionX

OblivionX Guest

so no matter what the ps2 will not read vcd or svcd even if they are on dvd-r or +r?

7. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Yes, no matter what you do, the PS2 can NOT read vcd/svcd.

8. OblivionX

OblivionX Guest

thank you thats all i wanted 2 no