1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy of Copy not working in PC DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kilobravo, Dec 21, 2004.

1. kilobravo

kilobravo Member

I made a copy of a copy created by DVD Shrink and Nero. The 1st copy plays fine in my PC DVD player, as well as my stand-alone player. However, when I copy my copy, it will not play in the PC, but will still play fine in the standalone player. Any ideas what would cause this? I am using memorex media (the ID shows up as G05) and a pioneer 16x burner. If I need another copy I guess it would be better to use the original, but it is much faster not having to decode and recode the DVD again and I was just curious as to what could be happening.

2. camstuf

camstuf Guest

I thnik the copy may not play in the burner, try another drive.
    also burn 2nd copy with 'dvd copy' in Nero.

3. colw

colw Active member

Quality of Memorex media is very varaiable - some good, many bad depending on who they have outsourced to.

Try some quality media for starters - e.g., Ritek, Verbatim.

4. kilobravo

kilobravo Member

Thanks for the replies. The 1st copy does play in the PC drive, and I am using Nero DVD copy to make the second copy. I have 5 memorex disks left before I open my new pack of Ritek G04's. I will try to use one of those and see if it makes a difference.

5. colw

colw Active member

Also do not try to burn too fast - I have found 4x most reliable.

Sometimes the DVD-ROM gets confused after copying - try a reboot and try again.