1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Online Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mrmathers, Aug 28, 2004.

1. mrmathers

mrmathers Member

Hi, I've got all my PS2 collection backed up, but am having trouble with my online games. The single player works fine, but i cannot get online with the backup. My originals get online fine so it must be the copy thats not working. Whats the problem here?
    Thanks a lot.

P.S. I am in the UK so have a PAL system - I don't know if this makes any difference but I'm just letting u know.

2. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

3. mrmathers

mrmathers Member

i know that now, it wasnt when i first posted this though.

4. ev1l

ev1l Guest

mrmathers you can't play an online game with a back up it will not work i tryed it so many time's i wish it would work

5. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

Evil if you look at that post from my link you'll see there's a way to patch .iso files to contain the correct info to be able to play online.

6. KayWeezy

KayWeezy Member

U can play back ups online and if u have problems hit me up cause I've done tons and don't have a problem

7. ev1l

ev1l Guest

KayWeezy how do you play back up games online. i have a bunch of game's that im not able to play online

8. KayWeezy

KayWeezy Member

It's a semi-lengthy process but in a nutshell this is the easiest way to do it. Have DVD decryptor make an image of the game(Mode ISO Read) and make sure ur comp. has a lot more space then the size of the disc b/c about 1.2GB are for emergency backup space. Put the image and it's MDS file in a folder away from your other files so u can easily reach it. If the game is a DVD then u need to download Disc ID Utility the DVD version(or CD version whichever deals w/ the game u're patching.) U need Winzip to extract the Disc ID, and once u do so locate the actual Utility b/c I believe there are links to websites attach to the utility. U can get all these programs from ps2ownerz(thanks ps2ownerz for the programs) and then u wanna burn the Disc Utility to a RW(DVD RW for DVD Utility and same for CD) U can do this wit DVD Decryptor(Decryptor was the easiest way to do this process for me but if u have problems wit Decryptor then use Alcohol 120) Then take ur utility which is on a disc and load it on your PS2. If u have Swap Magic put in the disc that corresponds to the utility u burnt. With swap magic u'd know how to switch(swap) the disc and once the Utility disc loaded it'll say press X i think and it'll have three lines saying Disc ID, Model ID, and GU ID all filled with zeroes.. Eject the disc from the PS2 and put in a game that has online capability. It'll load in about 2-3 minutes and then some numbers will appear in the three lines I told u about. U want the Disc ID line and make sure u write down the numbers like this **:**:**:**:** with the * being the letters and numbers making up the ID #. Next u need to patch this number into the image u made of the game so u need Image Patcher(ps2ownerz) which is the easiest to work with. After downloading Image Patcher open it using Winzip and click on the picture of the bone and cross(it's not a virus) and click on select image file. Locate the image of the game from wherever u put it.(just get the picture of the sheet of paper wit the disc in front not the MDS file) Then click on scan file, then verify version, then finally patch and then Disc ID boxes should open for u to put the numbers in that u got from the original game. This might happen b4 u hit patch I can't quite remember. If the thing asks for the region that's the four letter on the left side of the game usually is SLUS. after that's done u press ok and click out of the image patcher. Then u go to DVD Decryptor and go mode Iso Write and select the image of the game and burn it. U should be finished with now problems if any contact me. I try to keep this as short as possible.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004