1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy & Paste background - Possible?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jlrm365, Mar 19, 2010.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I've noticed that more than a few of my DVDs have the same button placement and text, but different backgrounds - for instance, when you return to the main menu from various other menus.

What I would like to do is pick the background that I like most and put it into other pages. How could I do that?

I am sure I saw a guide about something similar, somewhere.

Is it as simple as cutting and pasting? I would have thought not. I favour PgcEdit, VobBlanker, IfoEdit and VobEdit, if any of those is capable. Otherwise, the simplest solution will do.

Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Duplicate

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  3. attar

attar Senior member

4. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Will check them out. Thanks.

EDIT:

Having looked at both, I used the first of the two. The relevant section, to my question, is "The Easy Way" (though it requires that you look at earlier steps in the guide).

I knew that it would be useful to know something like this but, now that I have used the process a few times, I can see that it will be a revelation. Often, I have had a menus that - in its structure - appears more than once. After having turned those menus into stills, some of their motions not quite being in sync, the menus have been imperceptibly off. No more will that even be an issue. As long as one menu background is fine, that will do.

I've been building a little stable of "Must remember" bookmarks - of tricks and tips - and this will go right at the top of the list of those.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010