1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Problem "little black book"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by larrylje, Jan 4, 2005.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I am trying to make a backup of my Little Black book. Columbia tri-star DVD. When I go to load it in DVDShrink 3.2.0.15 I get an error "cyclic redundancy check" The CD is new and no scratches is on it. I loaded it in DVD decryptor to rip files still get the same error in that. I even tried ripping just the movie files. Seems to be getting hung up on the first movie VOB file. The DVD has widescreen and full screen. I tried ripping both movie files seprate. Still got the error when it got to the first VOB file on both movie formats. I have no problems backing up any of my other movies. I backed 1 up after I tried this DVD and that backup worked fine. Anyone have any ideas?

2. rturner

rturner Guest

Larrylje and I have same problem. DVD Decrypter won't suceed in ISO nor file mode. DVD Shrink also hangs.
    First movie to ever give me a problem.

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

From what I unerstand they are useing the same protection
    as on resident evil: apocalypse.
    go to (dvd-r for advanced users/resident evil: apocalypse) There you will find a few was to copy resident evil (you can also use the instructions to copy little black book).

Good Luck.
    Redant O.U.T.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I searched for sugestion and came across one that said to download a program and run it in the background while you run DVDShrink. I did what it sugested and it worked, Riped the files and have good Back up. The program is called AnyDVD and can be downloaded at http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just to recap what I did incase somone else comes across the problem.

1, Download Any DVD at http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

2. install the program and then run it. A little face of a red fox will be down on the taskbar when the program is running

3. open up DVDShrink use as normal and it will load the movie.

The program has full capibilites for 21 days after that you have to buy it.

6. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

7. pudgedawg

pudgedawg Member

i am having the same problem with dvdshrink i have anydvd running in the back ground and i cannot even get passed the open disk part it freezes at 5%

8. garydv

garydv Member

just made a copy of little black book used the new dvd decrypter and burned it with dvd shrink reauther.the new dvd decrypter is the bomb so be sure to make a donation even though it is free.

9. pudgedawg

pudgedawg Member

i got it while running anydvd and DVDIdle Pro in the background use dvdshrink as normal

10. larrylafr

larrylafr Guest

Just Rip the disc to hd-
    then use smartripper to rip it off the hd to another directory using browse and the backup feature.

this works.

then use dvdshrink as usual.

-Larry Laffer

11. fcasper64

fcasper64 Guest

Hello Everyone I am a newbie I came to this forum for some help and got thanks so very much you guys are great!!! I bought my copy of LBB today and attempted to make a backup of it and kazam yet another type encryption but thanks to this forum SUCCESS Thanks Again I used the AnyDVD and DVD Shrink with no problems at all!

12. shago7

shago7 Member

im looking at dl dvddecrypter and it says US residents cant dl has anyone dl and what info does it ask for.? thx